ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Thursday, November 13, 2008

New Moon (Book #2 Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer: a review

New Moon (Twilight Series, Book 2) New Moon by Stephenie Meyer


My review

rating: 5 of 5 stars New Moon - review After finishing reading "Twlight", I was very excited to jump into read "New Moon." At the end of my book there was a preview of the first chapter and as the last sentences hit my eyes, I vocally screamed "No!" filled with the incomprehension that it could end that way and leave me hanging. I immediately ran upstairs and grabbed the second book to jump back in the journey. This continuation of the Saga is not quite as exhilerating as the first installment, but it is still a great read. The beginning is great, and then there is a big chunk of chapters that I just was not quite fond of. I believe it was the context and my mind unconsciously picking sides and not wavering even slightly in my opinions. But then, when I was about to give up hope, the plot took twists that I had not expected and the story that I felt had become predictable became heart-rending and complicated. It was truly an Ethel and the Pirate story. The story continues as at pace relevant to the first book and ends in a satisfactory manner that left me with a "thirst" for the next book. And now, I'm on my way upstairs to get it... BTW, I read this 563 page book in a manner of 4 or so hours. I would describe it (for the most part) and a deft page turner. *grin* View all my reviews.

0 comments and creative thoughts:

Blog Archive