ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Three Little Pigs - Nico & Zoe Classic Reproduction



A classic reproduction - The wily wolf outwits two of the pig brothers, but the third brother triumphs through his cleverness and hard work. The illustrations for this version are by the American illustrator Milo Winter.

8.5" X 12.75", 16 pages.

Thanks to Stacy Harbour-Von Hoy from Nico & Zoe, I was able to review a classic reproduction from their line of children's books. It was great! As a matter of fact, it was the first book that AppleBlossom let me read through the whole thing before she got squirmy. The story was much more involved and in depth than I remember from my childhood. We loved it! 

DH was in the room while I was reading it to AppleBlossom and even he enjoyed it. The size is incredible, it is really huge. The pictures are so colorful and there is a lot to look at going on in queue with the plot. Easily, I see this being a great book for re-reading over and over through out the years. The quality of the paper seems to be pretty strong, I'm sure that just like most other books a child could rip pages if they really tried, but in my opinion these pages might stand a better chance than some books. 

I was really excited to be able to review this book, and I'm eager to look at the other children's books and other products from Nico & Zoe in the future.
 
Right off hand, I know that they have several titles available:
Hansel and Gretel
Mother Goose Book of Rhymes
Red Riding Hood
The Three Bears
The Three Little Pigs

I'm sure that any one of these or all of them would make a fabulous gift!

Hansel and Gretel - Book
Mother Goose Book of Rhymes
Hansel and Gretel - Book
Price: $9.95


Mother Goose Book of Rhymes
Price: $9.95

Red Riding Hood - Book
The Three Bears - Book
Red Riding Hood - Book
Price: $9.95


The Three Bears - Book
Price: $9.95

The Three Little Pigs - Book
The Three Little Pigs - Book
Price: $9.95


Check out these books and more available from Nico & Zoe Toys at NicoandZoe.com

1 comments and creative thoughts:

Unknown said...

How is the scene when the first two pigs are eaten handled? In pictures or just in text?

Blog Archive