ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Saturday, April 10, 2010

She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
In the past, you may have read my opinions of Siri Mitchell and seen that I enjoy the writing, but that the story was imperceptibly depressing. I was shocked and appauled with the lack of soul in Constant Heart, A yet the historical elements were incredible and the writing so true. It was in reading Love's Pursuit that each page was not able to turn fast enough and I was truly stumped until the end but still taken aback and frustrated with the circumstances and sadness of the situation. Yet She Walks in Beauty is a delight, a breath of fresh air, and quite the heart titillating beat within a prose of words met by the ear as poetry.

I loved this novel. Each page was another treasure. Every time I had to leave the novel and come back to the story it was as if I were returning to a friend. In years passed I have always wanted to read a tale about the Golden Age in New York City and this novel was not one to disappoint. Yes it had the historical details and some harsh facts which I have come to know Siri's books for. Yet this one has a heart and a soul with tons of personality that laced through the pages and made the next chapter more than just a little something worth coming back for.

Clara Carter is a debutante, and this is her story. It is a suspense, it is a hard life and facts historical, it is a romance, and it is a tragedy. I highly recommend it.

*Thanks to CFBA and Bethany House for providing a copy for review.*



1 comments and creative thoughts:

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Glad to know you enjoyed this one...I can't wait to give it a try. I like Siri's "chick-lit" books, but haven't read the others you mentioned.

Great review, btw. :)

Blog Archive