ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Finished Quilt Top

Finally, my Batik Star BOM Quilt top is complete! This last step with the borders was a nightmare. The quilt is on-point, which means that the rows are sew together on an angle and not straight across (make it diagonal). That is all well and good. But ideally with an on-point quilt, you would miter your borders. Well... there was no where near enough fabric for that. So I did chopped borders. It looks fine, but there was not even enough fabric cut for that per the directions! So I had to cut more, I'm lucky there was a slight bit more. Either way it is finished, and I am very happy with that. Because now I can move on to something else and worry about quilting it later.


Enjoy the images.







And my next project, maybe. The green quilt...



4 comments and creative thoughts:

Joyful said...

Margaret,

The quilts are beautiful!!! Not a quilter myself, but keep thinking I would enjoy it as used to sew and often design all my clothing.

Because you love Bible verses and crafts, you may enjoy a visit to my website at: www.joyfulexpressions.us. Nearly all the cross stitch designs feature Bible verses. There is a new free chart that has blessed many called "His Name is Jesus".

I like the idea of the Quilt wall - can really "see" ideas forming...

Sandra

The Book Club Network - TBCN said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for sharing you LOVELY creation. You are good. I don't see how you have time to quilt and read so many books. I LOVE your colors. I think that picking out colors is the hardest thing to quilting. You have a good eye!!

Nora

Anna said...

How gorgeous! You are very talented! I've always wanted to learn to quilt. Maybe some day...

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Christina said...

That is so pretty! I quilt because it gives me something in common with my mother-in-law and mother, but it's really not my favorite thing to do... but every time I see a gorgeous quilt like that I want to start another one.

Blog Archive