ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The I Love You Book by Todd Parr: a review

The I LOVE YOU Book The I LOVE YOU Book by Todd Parr

I love you when you give me kisses.
I love you when you need hugs...

Most of all, I love you just the way you are.

In his newest picture book, Todd Parr explores the meaning of unconditional love in a heartfelt, playful way. Featuring a heart-shaped die-cut and sparkling silver foil on the cover, this is the perfect way to say, "I love you!" Parents and caregivers are sure to be inspired by Todd's vibrant illustrations and tender sentiments, and will enjoy sharing this very special book with the little ones they love.

My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
The first thing that I notice from this book are the vibrant colors and they just make me want to smile or even draw a picture. Each page of this book is filled with one more reason from parent to child (or whomever the reader is to child) that "I love you" when and why. It is a fabulous book and has an absolutely wonderful message that is so important.



This book was my first Todd Parr experience, but will definitely not be my last. I cannot wait for more books and to go back and find some of his already published works out there. Definitely a keeper for my child's shelf. I cannot wait to be able to share this book with my baby again (outside of the womb). *grin*


View all my reviews.

Click here to go to the official Hatchette Book Group/Little, Brown & Co. website and be able to download several coloring pages.

Little Brown and Company
Category:
JUVENILE FICTION
Format:
PAPER OVER BOARD
Publish Date:
1/1/2009
Price:
$9.99
ISBN:
9780316019859
Pages:
32
Size:
9" x 9"
Todd Parr has created more than 30 books for children and the Emmy-nominated animated television show, ToddWorld. He lives in Berkeley, California. You can visit him online at www.toddparr.com.

1 comments and creative thoughts:

Anna said...

Looks like a cute book. It is very colorful.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Blog Archive