ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March 2009 (Jan & Feb) Reading Wrap Up

A good long while now, I have been meaning to do some sort of wrap up and now with inspiration from Devourer of Books, I am finally organizing myself enough to do so.

In November last year I know I said: Wow. Unless I missed something, I read 109 books in 2008 (so far!) I know I can fit some more in Nov and December as well. Neat! I've never kept count before, an I'm impressed!

For this one post, I'm just linking to my review in Goodreads and the author pages there. Later posts I will actually link back to my reviews on Creative Madness. (This time I'm saving effort and lots of time since it is three months of listings).




What I Read:

January:

Fiction
Contemporary
Scrapping Plans by Rebeca Seitz 5/5
Historical
Miss Potter The Novel by Richard Maltby Jr. 5/5
Deep in the Heart of Trouble by Deeanne Gist 5/5
The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen 5/5
Dangerous Heart by Tracey Victoria Bateman 5/5

Non Fiction
Missing Mary The Queen of Heaven and Her Re-Emergence in the Modern Church by Charlene Spretnak 5/5

Children's/Young Adult Fiction
Princess Ben Being a Wholly Truthful Account of Her Various Discoveries and Misadventures, Recounted to the Best of Her Recollection, in Four Parts by Catherine Gilbert Murdock 5/5
Peek-a-Boo, I Love You! by Sandra Magsamen 4/5
Goodnight Goon A Petrifying Parody by Michael Rex 3/5

Bibles
New Living Translation - 2.0 - Sanctuary Bible Leatherlike/Fabric - Blue Floral from Tyndale House 5/5

February:

Fiction
Contemporary
The Rose Conspiracy by Craig Parshall 4/5
Wanted by Shelley Shepard Gray 3/5
Historical
Silent On The Moor by Deanna Raybourn 5/5
Tuck by Stephen R. Lawhead 5/5
The Measure of a Lady A Novel by Deeanne Gist 5/5
The Desires of Her Heart by Lyn Cote 4/5

Children's/Young Adult Fiction:
Grandmother, Have the Angels Come? by Denise Vega 4/5
The I LOVE YOU Book by Todd Parr 5/5

March:
Fiction
Contemporary
Breach of Trust by DiAnn Mills 5/5
Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer 5/5
Historical
A Lady of Hidden Intent 5/5 and
A Lady of Secret Devotion 4/5 both by Tracie Peterson
A Love to Last Forever by Tracie Peterson 5/5
Letter Perfect by Cathy Marie Hake 4/5
Bittersweet by Cathy Marie Hake 4/5


Children's/Young Adult Fiction
Just Another Girl A Novel by Melody Carlson 5/5


Bibles
Holy Bible Word of Promise Next Generation - New Testament Dramatized Audio Bible 3/5

Feeling a lack of desire for reading has been a real issue the last four months really (been pregnant for four and half now...). It seems to come in waves. Then I spent the first half of March working on the quilt for Sister B. It is all ready to go once I get the applique completed. I have also spent a good amount of time this month on a cross stitch for Sister L's baby that might actually come tonight! Other bits of my time have been preoccupied with working on some genealogy transcriptions of original manuscripts, which boy that can be fun and fascinating and also a huge strain on the eyes!

Hopefully in April, I will get to read many more! I have a huge pile staring at me. Some in particular that I am looking forward to are:

The Swan Maiden by Jules Watson
Various titles from B&H Fiction (12+ titles)
A couple new ones sent via my new favorite Bethany House publicist (3+)
Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev (ARC)

*sigh* At least I'm eager. Now as soon as I can finish this cross stitch quilt, I'll be ready to read more!

0 comments and creative thoughts:

Blog Archive