ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne Gist (a review)

(Just a review that had not made it's way to the blog before...)

A Bride Most Begrudging


A Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne Gist

When Lady Constance Morrow finds herself held against her will aboard a ship bound for the American colonies-a ship filled with "tobacco brides" and felons-she is quite sure that as soon as she arrives she will find a reasonable man who will believe her father is an earl and send her back on the next ship to England. Instead she meets Drew O'Connor, a determined Colonial farmer who is nearly as headstrong as she is. Drew wins Constance as his bride but soon realizes he has taken on much more than he bargained for.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
'Eh. I had heard so much about this book and know several people to have read it and loved it and was expecting something extravagant, but it was just kinda okay. I read it in two days, so obviously it kept my interest. There were two or three chapters toward the end that were a fabulous read, but overall I felt that there could have been just so much more, but I guess I realize that this was the author's first book and could account for some, but I dunno. I did like it, don't get me wrong. It just wasn't the best of all the religious Christian Fiction that I have read.

View all my reviews >>

  • Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Bethany House (July 1, 2005)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0764200720
  • ISBN-13: 978-0764200724
  • Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 5.5 x 1.2 inches


0 comments and creative thoughts:

Blog Archive