ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Friday, July 10, 2009

Stand-In Groom *Brides of Bonneterre, #1 by Kaye Dacus (a review)

Stand-In Groom (Brides of Bonneterre, Book #1) Stand-In Groom by Kaye Dacus

Get ready to attend the quirkiest wedding ever in this delightful romance by Kaye Dacus, a new voice in women's contemporary fiction. When wedding planner Anne Hawthorne first meets George Laurence, she thinks she's found the man of her dreams. But when she discovers he's a client, she knows planning his wedding will be no honeymoon. Can Anne remain professional while falling for the groom? Or will she risk her heart, her values, and her career in the midst of planning the wedding of the century?

My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is quite the romance. Some could call it predictable, but I would not necessarily say that because one could not foresee all the twists and turns that are to occur before the outcome. I only think people will predict how they want it to end and just assume they will get it right. As I have said dozens of times before, I am not much a fan of contemporary romances, but I liked this one. That said, I did not necessarily love it. But I think that is because my heart is just stronger in the realm of historical fiction. (Definitely recommend Kaye Dacus' historical series The Ransome Trilogy!!)



Some elements of a large family and good food were parts of this story that I am not used to reading in a book that I quite enjoyed. As well as imagining the scenes and hearing the British or Southern accents play through in the characters vernacular. This is my first contemporary experience with reading this author and it will not be my last. I do recommend this book, and look forward to reading the sequel soon in a few days.



Things happen in life to get you where you need to be, and the hardest part is dealing with a painful event and believing that you will get past it. God knows what he is doing, and the part to remember is that things are best in his time and not in our own. I feel very uplifted from this book and the characters experiences. It makes me think over things from my own past and see more of God in them than I ever would have realized at the time.


View all my reviews.

  • Paperback: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Barbour Publishing, Inc (January 1, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1602602883
  • ISBN-13: 978-1602602885
  • Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 5.1 x 0.9 inches

2 comments and creative thoughts:

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing your review - this is the only Kaye Dacus book I've read so far and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to read the next book in the series.

CherryBlossomMJ said...

I'm disappointed in myself for waiting so long before discovering her!

Blog Archive