ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Reluctant Smuggler by Jill Elizabeth Nelson: a review


From the back cover:
They say keep your friends close and your enemies closer…but what if you can’t tell the difference?

For security consultant Desiree Jacobs, the assignment was simple: make off with an ancient Mayan artifact and hand it over to the good guys in time to plan her wedding to ultra-fine FBI agent Tony Lucano.

Yet, in a world where no one is as they seem, Desi must decipher who the good guys are–before she ends up in the hands of a ruthless enemy.

Suddenly, artifact recovery turns into archaeological espionage, and the woman who finds all the answers must now ask questions: Who’s looting priceless antiquities underneath the nose of the baffled Mexican government? And what does a violent gang of drug and human traffickers have to do with missing artifacts?

Even with Tony on her side, Desi will need way more than luck to survive against the odds. She’ll need the truth–not just to set her free, but to liberate many innocents caught in the snare of calculating evil.

My review:
Mmmm... Romantic Suspense... Starting with Reluctant Smuggler, book three of the To Catch a Thief Series makes me desperately want to go back and find the first two novels in the series as well as look forward to others. From college, an addiction that I had was to the Jennifer Garner television show Alias, with Sydney Bristow and all her stunts. This book with Desiree and all her actions was right up my alley! Desi is not a CIA agent like Bristow, but she is the owner of HJSecurity and a master mind at getting out of tough spots. I was hooked from the beginning, and even though I chose a busy week to make this a read, I had to get it and get my fix everyday until I was through and could find out what would happen next. From breaking into a museum, to being mugged, and pushing for marriage to the hunky FBI man Tony, this girl never quits. There is action with twists and turns and as a reader it is real and riveting page turning thrills. As a person, who has adored FBI, CIA, historical Tomb Raider, Indiana Jones, and the Librarian films... I never saw that coming, or that other thing, or those things... Really, there is so much that I could tell you and go on and on... But to enjoy all that this book has to offer, you really just have to read it yourself... I kid you not. Oh, and the best part about the entire thing! With all of the action and twists and turns and incredible plot ideas, Desi and Tony keep first and foremost their faith in God and through their actions of realistic people I can relate things to my calm and semi normal life to learn to be a better more Christ-like person day-by-day.

Hear the first chapter read by the author, read an excerpt, or find out about Jill Elizabeth Nelson's other books in the series off of her website.

- MJ

1 comments and creative thoughts:

Jill said...

Thanks oodles for featuring Reluctant Smuggler on your blog. I'm tickled you enjoyed the book, because I sure had a lot of fun writing it!