ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sisters, Ink - My Review

This month's FIRST (Fiction in Rather Short Takes) February First book is Sisters, Ink written by author Rebeca Seitz. It is also a CFBA (Christian Fiction Blog Alliance) book for next week February 6-8th. Read the first chapter by looking at my previous FIRST post... or come back later next/this week for more info and stuff on the book from CFBA.



My Review:
This was an absolutely adorable book and I do look forward to the sequel. I usually do not enjoy contemporary Christian fiction, but I really got into this book with plenty of giggles. Only two downfalls in my mind for this novel: one, two name switched editing errors, but not bad enough to destroy the book just caused a double take of confusion; two, I'm not a fan of Hollywood drama referencing, but that's just my personality. In the past year I've been getting into crafts more and more, especially quilting. With my quilting I have found just how important it is to find a group of ladies to be with for ideas as well as just plain 'ole company. Scrapbooking is something that I have not gotten into, but then I haven't tried either. Yet, with reading this book I felt that I was a part of a dear and loving group of ladies. I know that if I were to take up this as a new hobby that I would want the group of fellowship just as much. The basis of this book shows that anyone from anywhere can do anything if they try and commit themselves to it. Tandy definitely accomplished the world for herself and found love. Sometimes we are so certain that we have to do certain things that we lose sight of why we are attempting anything. This is a great book for the working woman to realize that she needs some time for life as well as a career. This is a fabulous sit down and be cozy read.

MJ

0 comments and creative thoughts: