ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers: a review

The Last Sin Eater The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
First off, to be honest, this is a review of the story through watching the film. I had purchased the book, the newest edition that shows that it is now a "feature film" and my husband saw it and rented it for me. His mistake, now he must go buy it!



This story is incredible! (And yet, I find myself saying this often when I read something written by Francine Rivers.) Set in the Blue Ridge Mountains, much like the story of Christy, the mountain people live fascinating lives, continuing their traditions from their ancestors Welch land. One of the traditions that is continued on is that of the Sin Eater. It is the same sin eater tale that is told through that movie The Order, but so much more real to life. It is so hard, to not give away things as spoilers, so I'll try to hold my tongue.



Through a stranger, a girl is capable of meeting the ultimate sin eater, and then share him with her people. The entire story is one of hurt, sin, forgiveness, love, life, and learning. There is pain, and their is tears, there is also giggles, and smiles.



There is not a person anywhere that I would not recommend this story to. Read it, watch it, whatever, just experience it.


View all my reviews.

MJ

0 comments and creative thoughts:

Blog Archive