ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Illuminated by Matt Bronleewe

Illuminated
(Thomas Nelson August 7, 2007)

Matt Bronleewe, you remember the Jars of Clay guy? Yup the same one... He has written this new book Illuminated. At first glance I thought I dunno, there are not many "male" Christian Fiction Writers that I have gotten into, guess I'm a hopeless romantic more than I realized... but just within one chapter of his new book I'm hooked and so excited to keep the pages turning!!!

I dunno why, but whenever I read something new, especially from an author that I'm not used to, I always compare it to other things that I liked or disliked to see if I might continue... in the first chapter I have already thought of the National Treasure movie, all sorts of archaeological twist movies, as well as the good parts of the scary movie the 9th Gate. For all people who enjoy basic religious fiction, but are always craving something more and deep and realistic... This is so it. One day leading a normal bookworm-ish life, and the next you're practically in a movie things are so un-real, but it's real.


ABOUT THE BOOK:

IT'S BEEN 500 YEARS IN THE MAKING...PREPARE TO BE ILLUMINATED...
August Adams has failed his family before. He's sacrificed relationships in pursuit of adventure, fame, and money. Now the very lives of those he loves depend on his ability to decipher a centuries-old puzzle encrypted in the colorful hand-painted illuminations that adorn three rare Gutenberg Bibles.

It's a secret that could yield unimaginable wealth, undermine two major religions, and change the course of Western civilization. Two ruthless, ancient organizations are willing to do anything to get their hands on it. And August has the span of one transatlantic flight to figure it out.

If he fails, those he holds most dear will die. If he succeeds, he'll destroy a national treasure.

The clock ticks, the suspense mounts, and the body count rises as August pits his knowledge and his love for his family against the clock, secret societies, and even Johannes Gutenberg himself.

"...this rare breed of suspense thriller combines mysterious hidden clues, secret societies, buried treasure, double agents, and the Knights Templar...if you turned National Treasure into international treasure, traded DaVinci codes for Gutenberg Bibles, married it to Indiana Jones, and added the pacing of 24 you'd be in the neighborhood of Illuminated...on a scale of one to 10, this one goes to 11."
-Aspiring Retail Magazine


250banner


If just reading all this description doesn't quite convince you, go to Matt's website http://www.mattbronleewe.com/ and look around for yourself. You'll be hooked, I know I am! :)

1 comments and creative thoughts:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Awesome first post! You are the Woman!