ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Visual Value of color Workshop

Today I had a workshop with my new quilt guild. It was my first time meeting these ladies and it was fabulous! Two of them I already knew! I was shocked and amazed at this. So in this workshop we worked hands on learning about shades of color and their value rather than being all about "matching" and more about coordinating with lights, mediums, and darks. It was great! See my gallery to view a photo of my inspiration for colors now on my wall.

This Saturday I will be taking a Garden Twist class and I'm very excited to see what turns out. I am pretty unhappy with attempting to use my current board and ruler for rotary cutting... so I'll need to get a few coupons together and head out to JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby. My current board is a 12x18 and it just doesn't do it for most projects I'm now seeing. It would have been a good thing to have known before, but I guess some things you just have to learn on your own if you're not told.

0 comments and creative thoughts: