ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Friday, March 13, 2009

Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer: a review of the partial draft

Midnight Sun (The Twilight Saga) (partial draft) Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
My thoughts on the official partial draft available for download from the website of Stephenie Meyer for Midnight Sun, Edward's version of Twilight. I absolutely love it. I would buy it easily if it were finished and published and placed for sale. I have never outside of my own imagination gone back to a story and relived it through a different character's thoughts. It was a fabulous experience, even if only in partiality. I definitely would not recommend to read it first before Twilight or the rest of the series. And I still think that it would be best read as a fifth book, but I think it could be appreciated as a second, but as a reader after reading through Breaking Dawn, I think one would appreciate Edward's point of view so much more so than immediately after Twilight when things are still new and learning.


View all my reviews.


3 comments and creative thoughts:

Lindsey said...

This reminds me that I need to re-read the Twilight series. The movie comes out next week though, YAY! Did you see it yet?

I love the idea of reading a story from another character's point of view. I've wanted to do that many times with books I've read... I would really like to hear Renesmee's story! I really hope she writes more on that... intriguing...

CherryBlossomMJ said...

I have not seen it yet. I have to wait until May, because that is when the Blu-ray disc comes out. :( But at least I got the go ahead from DH to buy it!

I agree, I would love to hear more from Renesmee. But then at the same time, I do not know how her story would be told, since she mostly shows and does not speak as much you know?

From what I gather from the letter that Stephenie posted to her readers on her website, it seems that this project has gotten a bad feel to it, because of the theft and basically treachery, so I do not know if she'll ever revisit the series outside of the films. I would enjoy it though.

MIke said...

The Blu-ray was released Exclusively to 2 stores one of them think big blue tag yellow letters. the other Kinda like walmart just a little more Upscale and its logo has red concentric rings down to a single red circle( thinks about gong to the archery range for target practice)

Blog Archive