After making the decision to go completely cloth for my baby's bum, I was searching around and reading information galore about cloth diapers and came across mama cloth products. I was shocked, but it had never even crossed my mind before to get cloth menstrual pads for myself. But if I can handle doing cloth for AppleBlossom, then CherryBlossom should be able to do it too right? *wink* Well into my research the first ones I wanted to try were Lunapads.
Lunapads was created in 1993 by company president Madeleine Shaw, in response to her own dissatisfaction with conventional disposable menstrual products. As a result thousands of women around the world have since discovered that not only are washable pads more comfortable than disposables, but they're very economical and environmentally responsible.
*Thanks to Lunapads for sending for a few samples for review.*
The products I was able to review include:
- Regular Lunapanties Bikini in organic cotton (for everyday use, spotting or light flow)
- Post Partum pad with wing and post partum liner (for heavy flow/overnight and post partum bleeding)
- Maxi Pad with regular and wing liners (for light to heavy flow)
First off, let me tell you how much I absolutely love the Lunapanties! If I had known about them earlier, I would have bought them for my entire pregnancy to wear. These arrived about the same time that I gave birth and I wish I had them sooner! The Lunapanties are so soft and perfectly absorbent for light flow or when you cannot quite hold it when you sneeze.
The post partum pad and liner I did not get to use immediately post partum, as there were a few complications with AppleBlossom's birth that included extreme blood loss on my part and several extra days stay in the hospital and then some bedridden behavior once we returned home for a few days. After all that, I was able to use them and was quite happy with the absorbency, and my only complaint was that I wish I had more.
And now for the Maxi Pad, the one that I would probably add the most to my collection of mama cloth. This is a system, to my understanding, unlike any other version of mama cloth on the market with replaceable liners on the same Maxi Pad. I think it's great for if you're out and about, but at home, I'd rather replace the whole thing because I feel that the rickrack that holds the liners in place needs to be changed out often too.
After my experience with mama cloth, I cannot believe that I did not know about it sooner. It is hard to really review a system with only a few pieces, but already with the simple products I was able to review, I already plan to get myself a good sized stash.
Go to the Lunapads website and check out the various reviews and videos and information galore. Their customer service is the best and I'm so glad I found them!
With proper care Lunapads can last upward of 5 years!
Just because I love you and want you to know the wonderful feeling of mama cloth, there is a promo code available for use. The code is "creative09" and it is good for 10% off an order over $35.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- Product Review: Baby Einstein's Baby Neptune Ocean...
- Product Review: Taggies Soft Blocks from ebeanstal...
- Giveaway: Snow Angel by Jamie Carie
- Giveaway: Wind Dancer by Jamie Carie
- Giveaway: Love's First Light by Jamie Carie
- Giveaway: The Duchess and the Dragon by Jamie Cari...
- Giveaway: Angel's Den by Jamie Carie
- The Husband Tree *Montana Marriages, #2
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: Celebrate
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: Slow Down, Pray & Give Tha...
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: Wondrous Mystery
- Really Woolly Bedtime Prayers
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: Perspective
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: Help & Support
- The Three Little Pigs - Nico & Zoe Classic Reprodu...
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: God Intervenes
- Winner of the Apothecary's Daughter on CD
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: He is Always Enough
- New Christmas Love
- FIRST Chapter: Tales of the Heart by Loree Lough
- PR: A Case for Love by Kaye Dacus from Barbour Boo...
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: Faith, Hope & Love
- Masterpiece Classic: Cranford from @PBS
- FIRST Chapter: The Sheriff's Surrender
- The Christ of Christmas from Tyndale House Publish...
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: God Provides a Way
- Waiting on Wednesdays - December 16th, 2009
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: Jesus Comforts
- FIRST Chapter: Wisdom Hunter
- Reason for the Season - Incident at Maxham Element...
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: Just God
- FIRST Chapter: Shadow Government
- In the mail today...
- Guest Review & my Thoughts: White Christmas Pie
- At my doorstep this AM (Thank you UPS!)
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: Home
- FIRST Chapter: Joyce Meyer - A Life of Redemption ...
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: God With Us
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: Life Beautiful
- Trailer: Leaving Carolina
- Guest Post: Babies Make Their Own Creative Madness...
- Video: Silent Monks
- 12 Pearls of Christmas: Gifts of Purpose
- Amber Miller Stockton
- FIRST Chapter: Rocky Mountain Oasis
- Review: A Forever Christmas
- Product Review & Coupon: @Lunapads (on the lines o...
- Giveaway: The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klass...
- FIRST Chapter & Thoughts: Alcohol Today
- Review: Love Finds You in Poetry, Texas
- Waiting on Wednesdays - December 9th, 2009
- FIRST Chapter & Thoughts: I Run to the Hills
- His Name is Jesus by Max Lucado
- In the Mail today...
- FIRST Chapter & Thoughts: No Limits, No Boundaries...
- Thanks Mama #clothdiapers (& Coupon!)
- And the winners are....
- Please pray for Maria #clothdiapers
- Blog Tour: Treasured
- Last day for these giveaways!
- FIRST Chapter: Essie in Progress
- FIRST Chapter: The Christmas Kitchen
- Waiting on Wednesdays - December 2, 2009
- Review: God Gave Us Love
- Teaser Tuesday/Where Are You? (Dec. 1)
- Enter to win a Kindle
- Enter to win a $100 Barnes&Noble Gift Certificate!...
- New Releases for December 2009
- ▼ December (69)
- ► 2008 (569)