The next Quiltathon (and my first) will be November 15 & 16, 2008. (Keep in mind... my birthday is November 18th, if you need to go shopping... *grin*)
Directly from Judy, the one in charge over at Patchwork Times:
What’s a Quiltathon? A date (weekday or weekend) will be set and as many of us as possible will spend the day sewing. Think of it as like a retreat at home. If you have a blog, you are encouraged to post your progress on your blog and then I’ll add a Mr. Linky box to my blog and we can all team up there and everyone can see what everyone is (or is not) accomplishing. The more we talk it up, the more participants we’ll have and more fun and excitement will be generated.
We all have different schedules and different demands on our time. Some can squeeze in an hour and some can sew all day. Don’t feel bad if you’re not getting to sew as much as you’d like . . just come and join in the fun.
The plans, which are subject to change, are as follows:
- The dates will be posted in the header of my blog, Patchwork Times.
- Because weekends work better for some and weekdays work better for some, we will have a weekend and a weekday Quiltathon each month.
- Participate when you can, do as much as you can - no one has to sign up or commit to doing anything.
Tips to help give you more sewing time:
- Plan ahead! If you have errands to run, try to get them done during the week if possible.
- Think about how you’re spending most of your time on weekends and if it’s something you can squeeze into weeknights or evenings, do it. Grocery shopping, laundry, house cleaning . . do as much of your weekend chores during the week so as to free up more sewing time.