ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Thursday, May 14, 2009

B&H: Sisters, Ink by Rebeca Seitz - a review

Sisters, Ink (Sisters, Ink #1) Sisters, Ink by Rebeca Seitz

Sisters Ink marks the first in a series of novels written by, for, and about scrapbookers. At the center of the creativity and humor are four unlikely young adult sisters, each separately adopted during early childhood into the loving home of Marilyn and Jack Sinclair.


Ten years after their mother Marilyn has died, the multi-racial Sinclair sisters (Meg, Kendra, Tandy, and Joy) still return to her converted attic scrapping studio in the small town of Stars Hill, Tennessee, to encourage each other through life’s highs and lows.


Book one spotlights headstrong Tandy, a successful yet haunted attorney now living back in Orlando where she spent the first eight years of her life on the streets as a junkie’s kid. When a suddenly enforced leave of absence at work leads her to an extended visit with her sisters in Stars Hill, a business oppor­tunity, rekindled romance, and fresh understanding of God’s will soon follow.

My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was an absolutely adorable book and I do look forward to the sequel. I usually do not enjoy contemporary Christian fiction, but I really got into this book with plenty of giggles. Only two downfalls in my mind for this novel: one, two name switched editing errors, but not bad enough to destroy the book just caused a double take of confusion; two, I'm not a fan of Hollywood drama referencing, but that's just my personality. In the past year I've been getting into crafts more and more, especially quilting. With my quilting I have found just how important it is to find a group of ladies to be with for ideas as well as just plain 'ole company. Scrapbooking is something that I have not gotten into, but then I haven't tried either. Yet, with reading this book I felt that I was a part of a dear and loving group of ladies. I know that if I were to take up this as a new hobby that I would want the group of fellowship just as much. The basis of this book shows that anyone from anywhere can do anything if they try and commit themselves to it. Tandy definitely accomplished the world for herself and found love. Sometimes we are so certain that we have to do certain things that we lose sight of why we are attempting anything. This is a great book for the working woman to realize that she needs some time for life as well as a career. This is a fabulous sit down and be cozy read.


View all my reviews.

  • Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: B&H Fiction (February 1, 2008)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0805446907
  • ISBN-13: 978-0805446906

1 comments and creative thoughts:

Sheila Deeth said...

I'm not really into crafts, but I have many friends who are, and the storyline sounds really interesting. Thanks.

Blog Archive