ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Two old reviews: Missing Mary & Miss Potter

Missing Mary: The Queen of Heaven and Her Re-Emergence in the Modern Church Missing Mary: The Queen of Heaven and Her Re-Emergence in the Modern Church by Charlene Spretnak


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
This was a book that I read as part of a full semester independent study of the differences between the Lutheran and Catholic Churches. I wrote a detailed research paper on Marian Devotion. This was one of the best books that I read during that whole study.

It contains annotations and underlines through out. It was a fabulous read, and I'm excited to have it back on my shelf after it's long term loan to my sister for more than three years. *grin*


View all my reviews.


Miss Potter: The Novel Miss Potter: The Novel by Richard Maltby Jr.


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
This was a book that I had the opportunity to read while visiting my sister in the spring after the birth of her fourth child. It is the novelization of the fairly recent movie Miss Potter and it is quite enchanting.



I quite enjoying going into the mind of Beatrix Potter and getting to know her and bits of her life a little bit better. There were some fully depressing points in life that I did not expect, but they are not entirely surprising and I was able to be sad with her and expectant with her at all the right times.



I do recommend this read.


View all my reviews.


1 comments and creative thoughts:

Ruth King said...

I absolutely loved Miss Potter, but didn't know there was a novelization of it. I may have to look into that!

Blog Archive