The Measure of a Lady: A Novel by Deeanne Gist
rating: 5 of 5 stars
In an attempt to review this book, I am a little bit at a loss for words. For those of you who know the other books that I read, recommend and love, I can tell you that the humor is something similar to that found in novels of my beloved favorite author Mary Connealy. The drama is amazing and the characters rip out your heart.
Easily, this novel is powerful, funny, and full of thought-provoking plot. Throughout the entire story, I felt like I was right there along with our protagonist. In so many of the situations, while she worked to finding a solution to a current dilemma, I would have just sat down and cried. Through these three hundred pages, author Deeanne Gist has really woven together a story that makes you think about what you do in your own walk with Christ and realize the bits and pieces that might need a little more tweaking and a bit more Bible Devotion.
There are people who will not appreciate this book because it may make them uncomfortable. But it does it in a way that is really attempting to show what is the purpose behind our God breathed lives and I praise this book fully for what it is capable as accomplishing as a tool for good.
I highly recommend this book to young women and older women alike. Especially those entering the romantic scene. For younger girls however, I would not say to avoid the book, but to read it and be able to discuss it with a mother, sister, or older friend.
The writing is incredible and will leaving you thirsting for more. At one point I had to put down the book while I was highly frustrated with a few particular characters and then I found myself irritated with my husband because of misplaced anger. A book that can lead on into my own life is obviously powerful enough to make me think.*grin*
View all my reviews.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
The Measure of a Lady: A Novel by Deeanne Gist
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- Silent on the Moor by Deanna Raybourn: a review
- Married Strangers by Dwan Abrams (Sneak Peak)
- Masterpice: David Copperfield
- Tuck by Stephen Lawhead: a review
- Remember those Valentine books? Here's a sneak pea...
- Grandmother, Have the Angels Come?: a review
- Daniel's Den by Brandt Dodson (Sneak Peek)
- Age Before Beauty, book 2 by Virginia Smith (Sneak...
- TUCK (King Raven Trilogy, book #3) by Stephen Lawh...
- Surviving Financial Meltdown (Sneak Peek)
- The I Love You Book by Todd Parr: a review
- Spring of Candy Apples by Debbie Viguie (Sneak Pee...
- FIRST: Out of Time by Paul McCusker
- FIRST: Finding God in the Shack by Randal Rauser
- Baby Fund - Target, Graco, and more...
- Love is in the Air... Valentine Books for both.
- Masterpiece: Oliver Twist
- This Side of Heaven by Karen Kingsbury (Sneak Peek...
- A Lever Long Enough by Amy Deardon (Sneak Peek)
- Hydrangea Bag Quilt project Finished!
- CFBA: A Cry in the Night by Colleen Coble
- FIRST: John's Quest by Cecelia Dowdy
- Finished Quilt Top
- FIRST: The God i Don't Understand by Dr. Chris Wri...
- Crafty moi
- CFBA: Against All Odds by Irene Hannon
- FIRST (late): Lessons from San Quention by Bill Da...
- FIRST: When God & Grief Meet by Lynn Eib
- FIRST: The Husband Project by Kathi Lipp
- The Measure of a Lady by Deeanne Gist: a review
- Wanted by Shelley Shepard Gray: a review and peek ...
- Guest Review (Amy): Jessie by Lori Wick
- CFBA: Word Gets Around by Lisa Wingate
- FIRST: The Rose Conspiracy by Craig Parshall and R...
- Christian Fiction Online Magazine - Februrary
- Winter Jam '09
- CFBA: Desires of Her Heart by Lyn Cote and Review
- FIRST: Lost in Las Vegas by Melody Carlson
- FIRST: Scrapping Plans by Rebeca Seitz & Review
- ▼ February (40)
- ► 2008 (569)