I Do Again:
With their professional success and adorable twin daughters, Jeff and Cheryl Scruggs looked like the perfect couple. But their polished facade concealed a widening chasm between two people unable to connect on an intimate, soul-deep level.
After years of frustration, Cheryl’s desire for emotional fulfillment led to an affair and, finally, divorce. Yet, incredibly, seven years later, Jeff and Cheryl once again stood at the altar, promising to “love, honor, and cherish” one another. A new and vibrant love had risen out of the ashes of this family’s pain.
I Do Again details the fascinating real-life story of a couple whose relationship seemed shattered beyond all hope until a spiritual awakening led them to reconsider their definitions of “happily ever after.” A riveting account of the power of prayer and redemption, this remarkable book offers renewed hope for even the most troubled marriages—and reveals why the rewards of restoration are well worth the wait.
Cheryl and Jeff Scruggs are the founders of Hope Matters Marriage Ministries, and for the past several years they have shared their incredible story of a marriage restored with audiences across the nation. Jeff is an account manager with OshKosh B’Gosh, and Cheryl has served as director of the Frisco, Texas, office of the Center for Christian Counseling. They live in Dallas, Texas with their two college-age daughters.
Love As A Way of Live (Devotional):
In his book Love As a Way of Life, best-selling author Gary Chapman shows readers how to cultivate a new lifestyle built around the seven characteristics of authentic love. Now in a companion devotional, he provides ninety inspirational readings to help Christians consistently live out the characteristics of love in every relationship.
Each devotional entry showcases biblical truths that guide a life of love, offering fresh insight and practical guidance in how to make love a lasting habit. Over the course of three months, readers will learn to follow God’s lead as they practice the characteristics of a loving person: kindness, patience, forgiveness, courtesy, humility, generosity, and honesty.
The Love As a Way of Life Devotional makes an ideal gift for the holidays or for any special occasion. Couples, parents, new graduates, and anyone celebrating a milestone in life will welcome this inspiring daily guide to richer, more satisfying relationships.
Dr. Gary Chapman is the author of twenty-six books, including the New York Times bestseller The Five Love Languages, with more than 4 million copies in print. His daily radio program, A Love Language Minute, is broadcast on more than 100 stations nationwide. Dr. Chapman, a graduate of Moody Bible Institute, Wheaton College, Wake-Forest University, and Southwestern Seminary, serves on a church staff in North Carolina.
For Couples Only Box Set:
Since their debut, these revolutionary guides have sold well over a million copies, been translated into fifteen languages, and sparked much fascinating water-cooler conversation around the country. Now together in the For Couples Only boxed set, these books provide the perfect resource to help you understand what you never knew about the woman or man in your life.
Each volume is based on input from more than a thousand members of the opposite sex—including an unprecedented nationwide survey and hundreds of personal interviews. This innovative approach yields candid and surprising answers about everything you don’t “get” about your significant other—even what that person deeply wishes you knew. It also produces simple but groundbreaking awareness of how you can best love and support the one who is most important to you.
So whether you are newly dating or have been married fifty years, get ready to know each other in a whole new way. The adventure is just beginning!
Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn hold graduate degrees from Harvard University and are popular national speakers, authors, and entrepreneurs. They are also active church members and the parents of two young children, and they enjoy every minute of living life at warp speed.
I cannot wait to dig into these books, now if only I could convince DH to read them with me...
Friday, February 13, 2009
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- Silent on the Moor by Deanna Raybourn: a review
- Married Strangers by Dwan Abrams (Sneak Peak)
- Masterpice: David Copperfield
- Tuck by Stephen Lawhead: a review
- Remember those Valentine books? Here's a sneak pea...
- Grandmother, Have the Angels Come?: a review
- Daniel's Den by Brandt Dodson (Sneak Peek)
- Age Before Beauty, book 2 by Virginia Smith (Sneak...
- TUCK (King Raven Trilogy, book #3) by Stephen Lawh...
- Surviving Financial Meltdown (Sneak Peek)
- The I Love You Book by Todd Parr: a review
- Spring of Candy Apples by Debbie Viguie (Sneak Pee...
- FIRST: Out of Time by Paul McCusker
- FIRST: Finding God in the Shack by Randal Rauser
- Baby Fund - Target, Graco, and more...
- Love is in the Air... Valentine Books for both.
- Masterpiece: Oliver Twist
- This Side of Heaven by Karen Kingsbury (Sneak Peek...
- A Lever Long Enough by Amy Deardon (Sneak Peek)
- Hydrangea Bag Quilt project Finished!
- CFBA: A Cry in the Night by Colleen Coble
- FIRST: John's Quest by Cecelia Dowdy
- Finished Quilt Top
- FIRST: The God i Don't Understand by Dr. Chris Wri...
- Crafty moi
- CFBA: Against All Odds by Irene Hannon
- FIRST (late): Lessons from San Quention by Bill Da...
- FIRST: When God & Grief Meet by Lynn Eib
- FIRST: The Husband Project by Kathi Lipp
- The Measure of a Lady by Deeanne Gist: a review
- Wanted by Shelley Shepard Gray: a review and peek ...
- Guest Review (Amy): Jessie by Lori Wick
- CFBA: Word Gets Around by Lisa Wingate
- FIRST: The Rose Conspiracy by Craig Parshall and R...
- Christian Fiction Online Magazine - Februrary
- Winter Jam '09
- CFBA: Desires of Her Heart by Lyn Cote and Review
- FIRST: Lost in Las Vegas by Melody Carlson
- FIRST: Scrapping Plans by Rebeca Seitz & Review
- ▼ February (40)
- ► 2008 (569)