Wanted by Shelley Shepard Gray
rating: 3 of 5 stars
*This review is from reading an ARC.*
The first book in this Sisters of the Heart Series, Hidden (my review), was absolutely fabulous and a wonderful romance full of suspense. This second book is good, and I enjoyed the read and love the characters, but it was not very exciting to me. At least not in any comparison to the first book and other Amish books out there.
As a theme for this book, the idea of being "wanted" is nothing new to most people, and our Katie wanting to be wanted and going after that attention (in her past) in poorly advisable ways is not terribly surprising. What was surprising is how she talked about her past as if she had done something completely unforgivable. That comes just from the back of the book blurb with "Will Katie be able to forgive herself for her transgressions and allow herself to move forward in her life? Or will her inability to receive God's love keep her from everything she's ever wanted?" It was just a little over the top for me.
As a light hearted romance for practically any age to read, this is a good book with a good moral base behind it. Just for me, the way things were portrayed, I figured that something more exciting to repair from had existed.
I love the first book in this series, and I cannot wait for another and more from this author in the future. But this book was slightly boring to me. I'm sorry.
View all my reviews.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Wanted by Shelley Shepard Gray
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- Silent on the Moor by Deanna Raybourn: a review
- Married Strangers by Dwan Abrams (Sneak Peak)
- Masterpice: David Copperfield
- Tuck by Stephen Lawhead: a review
- Remember those Valentine books? Here's a sneak pea...
- Grandmother, Have the Angels Come?: a review
- Daniel's Den by Brandt Dodson (Sneak Peek)
- Age Before Beauty, book 2 by Virginia Smith (Sneak...
- TUCK (King Raven Trilogy, book #3) by Stephen Lawh...
- Surviving Financial Meltdown (Sneak Peek)
- The I Love You Book by Todd Parr: a review
- Spring of Candy Apples by Debbie Viguie (Sneak Pee...
- FIRST: Out of Time by Paul McCusker
- FIRST: Finding God in the Shack by Randal Rauser
- Baby Fund - Target, Graco, and more...
- Love is in the Air... Valentine Books for both.
- Masterpiece: Oliver Twist
- This Side of Heaven by Karen Kingsbury (Sneak Peek...
- A Lever Long Enough by Amy Deardon (Sneak Peek)
- Hydrangea Bag Quilt project Finished!
- CFBA: A Cry in the Night by Colleen Coble
- FIRST: John's Quest by Cecelia Dowdy
- Finished Quilt Top
- FIRST: The God i Don't Understand by Dr. Chris Wri...
- Crafty moi
- CFBA: Against All Odds by Irene Hannon
- FIRST (late): Lessons from San Quention by Bill Da...
- FIRST: When God & Grief Meet by Lynn Eib
- FIRST: The Husband Project by Kathi Lipp
- The Measure of a Lady by Deeanne Gist: a review
- Wanted by Shelley Shepard Gray: a review and peek ...
- Guest Review (Amy): Jessie by Lori Wick
- CFBA: Word Gets Around by Lisa Wingate
- FIRST: The Rose Conspiracy by Craig Parshall and R...
- Christian Fiction Online Magazine - Februrary
- Winter Jam '09
- CFBA: Desires of Her Heart by Lyn Cote and Review
- FIRST: Lost in Las Vegas by Melody Carlson
- FIRST: Scrapping Plans by Rebeca Seitz & Review
- ▼ February (40)
- ► 2008 (569)