The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
rating: 4 of 5 stars
Note: My review is based on the story through the film, not by reading the book.
DH and I received this movie via Netflix and when it arrived neither of us remembered ordering it. DH assumes that perhaps it was a "suggestion" from other movies we chose. It was a really interesting film that causes one to think.
I am a little caught, because for an idea of a story it is interesting and does keep a captive audience. The acting was fairly good although the green screen and some scenes could have been much better. Finishing the film, DH and I discussed the film and the ideas within a bit, and although they are likable, it is a little uncomfortable, because they seem to be those ideas in disguise that pull you away from the whole truth while arguing that they are harmless to what you know to be truth.
Overall, good evening watch, but not a keeper for me. I'm not sure that I would recommend it, but be your own guide. Just remember Jesus Christ gave us truth and a handbook to explain it all.
View all my reviews.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- ► 2009 (573)
- FIRST: The Shadow of Colossus
- In the Shadow of Lions by Ginger Garrett
- Shadow of Colossus by T.L. Higley: a review
- The Moon Shines Down by Margaret Wise Brown and Li...
- Finding Home within the new House
- FIRST: The Mission Minded Family
- CFBA: Beloved Captive by Kathleen Y'Barbo with REV...
- Beloved Captive by Kathleen Y'Barbo: a review
- Mailbox Monday - November 24th
- FIRST: Enoch by Alton Gansky
- FIRST: The First Escape by G.P. Taylor
- FIRST: In Charge by Miles Monroe
- Gingham Mountain (Lassoed in Texas, Book #3) by Ma...
- Children's Book: Night's Nice: a review
- The Beginner's Guide to Bears: a review
- Guest Post over at A Peek at My Bookshelf
- FIRST: Infidel (Graphic Novel, The Lost Books of H...
- Guest Blog: Glue
- Neat Bible "thingy" for your Teens
- FIRST: Pure Gold by Pam Davis with thoughts
- Talk about a Birthday!
- Celestine Prophecy: a MOVIE review
- BOOK REVIEW | New Moon
- CFBA: The Death and Life of Gabriel Phillips by St...
- FIRST: 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life by Joyce Mey...
- CSFF Blog Tour: Shade by John B. Olson
- Coming soon in 2009!
- Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga, book #4) by Stepheni...
- FIRST: Jesus Take the Wheel by Stuart Migdon
- Christmas Promises
- Great Q&A with Marcia Gruver over at the Friendly ...
- CFBA: White Christmas Pie by Wanda Brunstetter
- Winners of the Extreme October Giveaway
- Faith 'n Fiction Saturday: Reviewing
- Quilting Den
- Extreme October Giveaways!!! - UPDATE
- Sweet Home Quilt Co. New Website Up and Running!!!...
- November Edition of the Christian Fiction Online M...
- Blog Tour: Nourishment from the Word
- My Wishlist
- Mother Must be Praying: Marie Miller
- Eclipse (Twilight Saga Book #3) by Stephenie Meyer...
- New Moon (Book #2 Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meye...
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer: a review
- FIRST: Forsaken by James David Jordan
- FIRST: Godly Love by Stephen Post
- FIRST: The Rosary by Gary Jansen
- FIRST: Faking Grace by Tamara Leigh
- FIRST: How Harry Cast His Spell by John Granger
- FIRST: The Shack by William Young
- FIRST: God's Prayer Book by Ben Patterson
- FIRST: The New Media Frontier
- FIRST: Me Myself & I Am
- FIRST: Plain Perfect by Beth Wiseman
- FIRST: League of Superheroes by Stephen Leon Rice
- FIRST: Church as a Safe Place by Peter Holmes and ...
- FIRST: The Death and Life of Gabriel Phillips by S...
- Catch-up CFBA: An Irishwomans' Tale by Patti Lacy ...
- Catch-up CFBA: Rain Song by Alice Wisler
- Catch-up CFBA: Out of Her Hands by Megan DiMaria
- Catch-up CFBA: Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin
- Catch-up CFBA: One Holy Night by J.M. Hochstetler
- TitleTrakk.com Blog Tour!!!
- I'm back!!!!
- FIRST: Me, Myself & I AM
- ▼ November (65)