Ransome's Honor by Kaye Dacus
The Ransome Trilogy from exciting new author Kaye Dacus combines the wit, romance, and social commentary of Jane Austen with the sea-faring adventure of Horatio Hornblower.
July 1814. The war with France has ended, and Captain William Ransome, known for never letting women aboard his ship, has returned to Portsmouth, England. Julia Witherington, considered an old-maid at 29, discovers that she must marry immediately to receive a large dowry. Julia knows that the only man she doesn’t want to marry is William Ransome. And the only man her father will approve of is…William Ransome.
When the couple strikes a financial deal to feign marriage for one year, the adventure begins. These stubborn people face humorous and hard situations that reveal what else they have in common—a growing affection for one another. This intriguing tale of faith and loyalty is a wonderful new offering for readers of all genres.
rating: 5 of 5 stars
Oh my! This is the best book that I have read in a while with no exaggeration. In a way it is Persuasion with some Pride and Prejudice as well as a bit of Sense and Sensibility put within. Action, adventure, intrigue, romance, rescue, and true love, edge of the seat, page turning, not able to read fast enough thrills throughout. This novel has all of the great qualities of a fabulous read and reminds me of other stories I have read and loved. Without a doubt this is one for the permanent keeper shelf and I cannot wait for more from the series. This is my first Kaye Dacus, but not my last. I plan to read some of her contemporary series next.
As far as a recommendation for who would like this book... Well it's regency, and deals with the King's Navy. I would relate the adventure and feeling of reading that that of when I read a book by MaryLu Tyndall or Kathleen Y'Barbo. In my opinion, set some time aside when you plan to start this book, because you will be in pain to attempt to set it down and walk away from what happens next! Highly recommended!!!
View all my reviews.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Ransome's Honor by Kaye Dacus
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- Having a baby!
- Wordless Wednesday - 37 1/2 weeks
- Fluffy mail!!
- This is a test
- FIRST: Montana Rose by Mary Connealy
- Deadly Intent by Camy Tang ( a review )
- The Baby Lua from Dittany Baby (+ Coupon Codes)
- 2009 ACFW Book of the Year Contest Finalists
- FIRST: Deadly Intent by Camy Tang
- The Complete Illustrated Pregnancy Companion: a re...
- What to Expect When You're Expecting (a review)
- The Pregnancy Journal (a review)
- Change over the last 9 months??
- CFBA: The Enclave by Karen Hancock
- FIRST: Love's Rescue by Tammy Barley
- Baby Fund
- Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn (a revi...
- Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn (a review)
- A Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne Gist (a review)...
- Courting Trouble by Deeanne Gist (a review)
- Your Pregnancy for the Father-to-Be (a review)...
- Your Pregnancy Week by Week (a review)
- Wordless Wednesday - 36 weeks
- FIRST: Menu for Romance by Kaye Dacus
- Menu for Romance *Brides of Bonneterre #2 by Kaye ...
- GIVEAWAY - Faith "things"
- New Mom's Guide to Dealing with Dad (a review)
- CFBA: Things Left Unspoken by Eva Marie Everson
- Creative Madness Updates and Changes
- 2009 RITA & Golden Hearts Finalists
- Death's Half Acre by Margaret Maron (a guest revie...
- Expecting by Marla Taviano (a review)
- Things I Love Thursday - July 26th, 2009
- BTT: TBR
- pediped™ Fall Winter 09 is all NEW: NEW styles, NE...
- CFBA: Pirate Hunter by Tom Morrisey
- Pirate Hunter by Tom Morrisey ( a review)
- My Everyday Promise Bible by Phil Smouse (a review...
- June Wrap Up/Mid Annual 2009 Reading Wrap Up
- Trailer: Under the Cajun Moon by Mindy Starns Clar...
- Christy Award Winners 2009
- New Releases and Coming Soon from Waterbrook Multn...
- New Releases and Coming Soon from Thomas Nelson
- New Releases and Coming Soon from Bethany House & ...
- New Releases and Coming Soon from Harvest House
- Stand-In Groom *Brides of Bonneterre, #1 by Kaye D...
- FIRST: Ransome's Honor by Kaye Dacus
- Ransome's Honor by Kaye Dacus: a raving review
- Q&A with Mary Connealy
- Montana Rose *Montana Marriages by Mary Connealy (...
- Gingham Mountain *Lassoed in Texas, #3 by Mary Con...
- Calico Canyon *Lassoed in Texas, #2 by Mary Connea...
- Petticoat Ranch *Lassoed in Texas, #1 by Mary Conn...
- #clothdiapers gDiapers coupon - BIG SAVINGS!
- Blog Tour: Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Gr...
- ▼ July (55)
- ► 2008 (569)