What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff
This revised third edition of the popular pregnancy guide offers the authoritative yet reassuring advice that parents have come to rely on from all the titles in the What to Expect series. The book is arranged by month, from pregnancy test through labor and delivery. Each section offers answers to frequently asked questions, along with features such as "What You May Be Feeling" and "What You May Be Concerned About." Every imaginable issue is addressed, including the small but nagging subjects that women may not want to discuss with their doctors, such as how their bodies will look at seven months, or why some pregnant women "glow" while others have acne. While readers who already own this book won't have to rush to buy the new edition, the revised volume does offer a number of excellent expanded sections and illustrations, including a more detailed discussion of postpartum depression. There are also new illustrations and more text on breast-feeding, with diagrams showing different feeding positions. The travel section offers specific suggestions for "jettisoning jet lag" in addition to standard advice on traveling while pregnant. This book remains an indispensable guide for pregnant women and their partners.
My rating: 1 of 5 stars
I did not like this one. So many others I can recommend are better. Especially since this is broken into trimesters, you almost forget to read the next section along and along. I highly recommend Weekly books such as Your Pregnancy Week by Week and newly published The Complete Illustrated Pregnancy Companion A Week-by-Week Guide to Everything You Need To Do for a Healthy Pregnancy. I know it's a classic and recommended by many over the years, but there is just so much better available now. Sorry.
View all my reviews >>
Friday, July 24, 2009
What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- Having a baby!
- Wordless Wednesday - 37 1/2 weeks
- Fluffy mail!!
- This is a test
- FIRST: Montana Rose by Mary Connealy
- Deadly Intent by Camy Tang ( a review )
- The Baby Lua from Dittany Baby (+ Coupon Codes)
- 2009 ACFW Book of the Year Contest Finalists
- FIRST: Deadly Intent by Camy Tang
- The Complete Illustrated Pregnancy Companion: a re...
- What to Expect When You're Expecting (a review)
- The Pregnancy Journal (a review)
- Change over the last 9 months??
- CFBA: The Enclave by Karen Hancock
- FIRST: Love's Rescue by Tammy Barley
- Baby Fund
- Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn (a revi...
- Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn (a review)
- A Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne Gist (a review)...
- Courting Trouble by Deeanne Gist (a review)
- Your Pregnancy for the Father-to-Be (a review)...
- Your Pregnancy Week by Week (a review)
- Wordless Wednesday - 36 weeks
- FIRST: Menu for Romance by Kaye Dacus
- Menu for Romance *Brides of Bonneterre #2 by Kaye ...
- GIVEAWAY - Faith "things"
- New Mom's Guide to Dealing with Dad (a review)
- CFBA: Things Left Unspoken by Eva Marie Everson
- Creative Madness Updates and Changes
- 2009 RITA & Golden Hearts Finalists
- Death's Half Acre by Margaret Maron (a guest revie...
- Expecting by Marla Taviano (a review)
- Things I Love Thursday - July 26th, 2009
- BTT: TBR
- pediped™ Fall Winter 09 is all NEW: NEW styles, NE...
- CFBA: Pirate Hunter by Tom Morrisey
- Pirate Hunter by Tom Morrisey ( a review)
- My Everyday Promise Bible by Phil Smouse (a review...
- June Wrap Up/Mid Annual 2009 Reading Wrap Up
- Trailer: Under the Cajun Moon by Mindy Starns Clar...
- Christy Award Winners 2009
- New Releases and Coming Soon from Waterbrook Multn...
- New Releases and Coming Soon from Thomas Nelson
- New Releases and Coming Soon from Bethany House & ...
- New Releases and Coming Soon from Harvest House
- Stand-In Groom *Brides of Bonneterre, #1 by Kaye D...
- FIRST: Ransome's Honor by Kaye Dacus
- Ransome's Honor by Kaye Dacus: a raving review
- Q&A with Mary Connealy
- Montana Rose *Montana Marriages by Mary Connealy (...
- Gingham Mountain *Lassoed in Texas, #3 by Mary Con...
- Calico Canyon *Lassoed in Texas, #2 by Mary Connea...
- Petticoat Ranch *Lassoed in Texas, #1 by Mary Conn...
- #clothdiapers gDiapers coupon - BIG SAVINGS!
- Blog Tour: Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Gr...
- ▼ July (55)
- ► 2008 (569)