ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Saturday, July 18, 2009

2009 RITA & Golden Hearts Finalists



Romance Writers of America® (RWA) is pleased to announce the finalists for the 2009 RITA® and Golden Heart® Awards. The 2009 RITA honors romance fiction published in 2008. More than 1,000 novels and novellas were judged in 12 categories. The 2009 Golden Heart Award honors unpublished romance manuscripts in 2008.

Winners of the awards will be announced July 18th at the RITA and Golden Heart Awards Ceremony to be held at RWA’s 29th Annual National Conference in Washington, D.C.

So, it's going on right now, and winners are announced...

2009 RITA Finalists for Inspirational Romance

Deep in the Heart of Troubleby Deeanne Gist
Bethany House Publishers (ISBN: 1590529286)
David Long and Julie Klasseneditor, editors
Click here to go back and read my review...

Faking Grace
by Tamara Leigh
Random House Publishing, WaterBrook Multnomah (ISBN: 978-1-59052-929-4)
Julee Schwarzburg, editor

*****Winner*****

Finding Stefanie (Noble Legacy, #3)
Finding Stefanie by Susan May Warren
Tyndale House Publishers (ISBN: 1-4143-1019-6)
Karen Watson, editor


Love Starts with Elle by Rachel Hauck
Thomas Nelson Inc. (ISBN: 1595543384)
Ami McConnell, editor
Click here to go back and read my review of this one...

Mulberry Park by Judy Duarte
Kensington Publishing Corp. (ISBN: 978-0-7582-2015-8)
John Scognamiglio, editor

The Convenient Groom by Denise Hunter
Thomas Nelson Inc. (ISBN: 9781595542588)
Amanda Bostic and Leslie Peterson, editors

The Perfect Life by Robin Lee Hatcher
Thomas Nelson Inc., Women of Faith Fiction (ISBN: 978-1-59554-148-2)
Ami McConnell and Leslie Peterson, editors
Click here to go back and read my review...

Where Love Abides by Irene Hannon
Harlequin Enterprises, Steeple Hill Love Inspired (ISBN: 9780373874798)
Melissa Endlich, editor


(And then in another category, a finalist I'm rooting for...)

2009 RITA Finalists for Novel with Strong Romantic Elements

The Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner
Random House Publishing, WaterBrook Multnomah (ISBN: 978-1-4000-7456-3)
Shannon Marchese, editor
Click here to go back and read my review...

Click the titles of the books to go to Amazon, click the author to go to the official author website and click on the publisher's name to go to the official publisher's website.

4 comments and creative thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I hate to bother you with your busy schedule and all, but I've been wondering how you do that purple box for quotes on your posts. I've tried finding out how to do it but can't find out where. Can you tell me how you do it, please? Thanks! You can email me if that would be easier.

ldneuhof at hotmail dot com

CherryBlossomMJ said...

http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2007/11/how-to-customize-block-quotes-in-your.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

I've been reading your blog for about a year now and the thing I like most about your blog is the atmosphere. It's cozy, warm and inviting. Must be a combination of the colors, the cup of tea and the books reviews, I guess!

Everything looks nice from my computer, your links are easy to follow and you leave a lot of info from the research you do. I spend a lot of time reading your posts and really enjoy it. I'm sure life will get much busier for your in a few weeks...but keep up the super job you're doing!

CherryBlossomMJ said...

Lisa- you so just made my day! What sweet words you have for me, and definitely what I needed to hear. The way you describe it is exactly the atmosphere that I want here. There are so many blogs out there that are so busy. My reading and quilting is something I do to relax, so for me it only makes sense to have a "relaxed" blog as well.

I just hope when I get a little busy that I do not lose the following I've starting getting so far. :) Maybe with more baby products and personal posts I'll have more bloggy buddies. *wink*

Blog Archive