Your Pregnancy for the Father-to-Be: Everything Dads Need to Know about Pregnancy, Childbirth and Getting Ready for a New Baby by Glade B. Curtis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
From my husband:
- Organization makes sense. Good chronologically, do not have to read all at once.
- Easy to read, not too much medical jargon. Explanations were in a understandable format.
- Wording in general was easy to read, not like a text book.
- Inserts of real life examples and humorous events keep the book interesting. Not just about the pregnant woman, but also things to think about when baby comes home.
- Useful information, that as a male, he did not know about. Good explanations about the female body to the male reader in what to expect. And generally how to know that your wife is not just crazy.
- Instructions and pointers it gives for possible situations were clearly laid out and easy to follow if needed; such as emergency delivery at home and transportation to get to the hospital and so on.
- Overall it was worded in such a way that it did not drag on and on. It was a decent book to just sit down and read bits in an evening or so and gave good information.
- This comes from a guy who would rather be out in the garage working or playing video games instead of reading. And when he does read it would be a sci/fi or adventure book.
View all my reviews >>
Expectant fathers often take a backseat when it comes to those crucial months before childbirth, but Your Pregnancy for the Father-to-Be has helped thousands of dads learn to take an active role in the months, weeks, days, and hours leading to birth. This one-stop guide has shown dads-to-be how to focus then nervous energy into productive efforts, like better supporting their partner and preparing the home for baby.
In this updated and expanded second edition, Dr. Glade B. Curtis and Judith Schuler take us one step further, addressing the questions and concerns of today's dads--everything from consuming artificial sweetners and caffeine during pregnancy, to handling multiples, to dealing with depression during and after pregnancy. This revised edition also features medical information that's on every parent's mind, and even includes the most current ACOG guidelines for Down syndrome testing. And it has a whole new chapter on preparing for the next pregnancy.
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Da Capo Lifelong Books; 2nd edition (January 5, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 073821275X
- ISBN-13: 978-0738212753
- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.9 inches
Also, feel free to go back and read my review on Your Pregnancy Week By Week.