ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Friday, August 21, 2009

Review: The Blue Enchantress

The Blue Enchantress (Charles Towne Belles, #2)

The Blue Enchantress by M.L. Tyndall

Get swept away in a high-tide of romance and adventure from acclaimed author M. L. Tyndall. Trying to forget about a painful past, Hope Westcott plunges into Charles Towne society trying to find love and acceptance. Captain Nathaniel Mason is determined to build his shipping business and doesn’t need a romantic entanglement—especially with a woman like Hope. When Hope’s adventure-seeking puts her freedom—and her life—in jeopardy, will Nathaniel turn his back or follow God’s voice and sacrifice everything to save her?

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
As the pages turn I can hear the metal clanging of sword and the roar of a wave and smell the sea spray. I can hear gulls cry and picture the fish swimming beneath the aquamarine glass of water. Imagery is fabulously portrayed in this second book of the Charles Towne Belles trilogy following a second sister Hope. In the first book, readers were introduced to Faith, a proper lady of Charles Towne, who also happens to be a red haired pirate known as the Red Siren and her two sisters Hope and Grace. Grace is the pious, yet seemly zealous sister who appears to know all when it comes to God and I look forward to her story in the third novel.

Hope is one of those characters who grates on your nerves. She happens to do the most ignorant things and get into the most compromising situations and you just want to wash your hands of her. This story of the "Blue Enchantress" is the telling of Hope and how she can have a future if she reaches for it. This is one of those stories where a reader can really relate to Hope and her situation. Who among us has not done something in their past that they felt was unforgivable and that they were too terrible for God to really love. Through out the pages of this pirate adventure, many characters are brought together and show the various elements of realistic people. The missionary, the average Christian male, the pompous jerk with an authority position, and the broken woman and more.

It is a reminder and a vivid picture of how each person we come in contact with changes us, as we do to them as well. Some for the good, some for the bad. This is part of a trilogy, but could easily be read as a stand alone novel and enjoyed. Just as the epilogue in the first novel left you thirsting for this one, this epilogue makes you impatient for the third.

Highly recommended. One that makes you smile secretly to yourself as well as almost throw it down with angry emotion - this book is a page turner of adventure.

View all my reviews >>

  • Paperback: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Barbour Books (August 1, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1602601577
  • ISBN-13: 978-1602601574
Click here, to go back to read my review of The Red Siren, book #1 of the Charles Towne Belles.

4 comments and creative thoughts:

Jaedyn said...

I loooved this one! :-) I was looking forward to your review and it's great, of course. :-)

Julie J. said...

I'll definitely be reading this one after I finish A Cowboy Christmas !
In the meantime, please come and claim your reward over at My Own Little Corner of the World!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I didn't love the Red Siren, so it surprised me at how much I enjoyed this one. I thought it was terrific.

CherryBlossomMJ said...

Lindsey - I'm glad I could accommodate you. :)

Julie - Both Mary and MaryLu are fabulous authors! Going to your blog now!!

Holly - I agree. There were parts of the Red Siren that I did not like, but I think for me it was more personality was so different than anything. My favorite so far from MaryLu is The Falcon and the Sparrow.

Blog Archive