Today is a fun day. Thanks to the new and amazing Abingdon Press, I have five or six copies of an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) edition of eye of the god by Ariel Allison to give away from my mailbox to yours. In case you are unaware, an ARC is for reading pleasure only for promotional purposes such as review. These books are not to be sold. If you choose not to keep it once read, give it to a friend or church library. It is an uncorrected proof. Yet, it is one that I am very eager to read and review myself sometime in the upcoming weeks.
eye of the god takes the fascinating history surrounding the Hope Diamond and weaves it together with a present-day plot to steal the jewel from the Smithsonian Institute.
We follow Alex and Isaac Weld, the most lucrative jewel thieves in the world, in their quest to steal the gem, which according to legend was once the eye of a Hindu idol named Rama Sita. When it was stolen in the 17th century, it is said that the idol cursed all those who would possess it. That won’t stop the brilliant and ruthless Weld brothers.
However, they are not prepared for Dr. Abigail Mitchell, the beautiful Smithsonian Director, who has her own connection to the Hope Diamond and a deadly secret to keep. Abby committed long ago that she would not serve a god made with human hands, and the “eye of the god” is no exception. Her desire is not for wealth, but for wisdom. She seeks not power, but restoration.
When the dust settles over the last great adventure of the Hope Diamond, readers will understand the “curse” that has haunted its legacy is nothing more than the greed of evil men who bring destruction upon themselves. No god chiseled from stone can direct the fates of humankind, nor can it change the course of God’s story.
Have you seen the Hope Diamond?
Good luck all! And for the fun of it, after your MANDATORY entry above, any of the following will get you additional entries...
- Add my blog to your technorati favs (left sidebar)
- Follow my blog through Google Friend Connect (right sidebar)
- Follow my blog through Networked Blogs (right sidebar)
- Subscribe to my blog via Feedburner (right sidebar)
- Follow me on Twitter (right sidebar)
- Tweet this giveaway (come back and leave your status link - find this by clicking on your time of tweet)
- Join my Facebook Fan page
- Comment on other non-giveaway posts
- Blog about this giveaway
- Grab my button and link to my blog (left sidebar)
- Grab my giveaway button and link to my blog (right sidebar)
Check back here on October 28th for a CFBA tour and link to the First Chapter. Good luck!