ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Review: Cowboy Christmas by Mary Connealy

Cowboy Christmas Cowboy Christmas by Mary Connealy


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

At first while reading the latest of Mary Connealy, a special Christmas book, "Cowboy Christmas", I was not quite as impressed as every other western comedy romance that I have read by such a fabulous author. Yet then I got to read chapters twenty-six and twenty-seven and every reason that I love to read Mary's books came out. I was just about hooting and hollering with chuckles. I even kept reading segments aloud to my dear hubby, who just does not care, yet even he enjoyed them. With this story, overall I love it. But I never really did connect to the main protagonist Miss Annette Talbot. She frustrated me too much. The character in this novel that I really enjoyed and anticipated each next page about was the other protagonist Elijah Walker. It was just everything about him that I loved.

This is a Christmas novel, yet can be enjoyed anytime of year. The plot just tells and anticipates of the special day to come. Once again we have a fabulous cast of characters with the good guys and the bad. This time we have both a woman that needs to understand growing in her faith, and a man who needs to find it again. Trust is a big issue, and moving past pain is another. Serious events are portrayed and of course the wonderful Mary laughs are filled through out bringing a fabulously enjoyable lightness to a page turner.

  • Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Barbour Books (September 1, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1602601453
  • ISBN-13: 978-1602601451
  • Product Dimensions: 8 x 5.2 x 1.1 inches



View all my reviews >>

Go back to this post for an opportunity to enter to win a copy of your very own! US only, giveaway ends October 18th.

*A copy of this book to review was provided thanks to Angie Brillhart of Barbour Books and NetGalley.*


0 comments and creative thoughts:

Blog Archive