ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Monday, February 22, 2010

A Case for Love by Kaye Dacus -- Review

A Case for Love (Brides of Bonneterre) A Case for Love by Kaye Dacus

TV society reporter Alaine Delacroix feels like David facing Goliath when she takes on the biggest corporation in town to keep them from putting her parents’ garden center out of business. Lawyer Forbes Guidry wants nothing more than to stand up for the endangered local-business owners—but it will mean risking his job and crossing his powerful parents. Can Alaine and Forbes make "A Case for Love"?
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Kaye Dacus has a way with storytelling that I really enjoy. With that said, I was not quite a fan of this book. The other books in the series I really like and her historical series I love. "A Case for Love" was an uncomfortable read almost the whole way through and I found myself stressed out for the characters not knowing how anything could end well. I don't recommend this to be your first read from Kaye Dacus, but I do recommend her over all.


*Thanks to Angie Brillhart of Barbour Books for providing a copy for review.* 

View all my reviews >>

Please read my other reviews of Kaye Dacus' books to see what I did enjoy. I cannot wait for Ransome's Crossing coming later this year
Brides of Bonneterre
Stand-In Groom
Menu for Romance
The Ransome Trilogy 
Ransome's Honor 


If you are interested, Goodreads has a giveaway opportunity for this book available February 28th with SEVERAL copies available. 



Stand-in Groom (Brides of Bonneterre, Book 1)Menu for Romance (Brides of Bonneterre, Book 2)A Case for Love (Brides of Bonneterre)Ransome's Honor (The Ransome Trilogy)Ransome's Crossing (The Ransome Trilogy)

3 comments and creative thoughts:

Irene said...

Love your reviews, thanks.

Giveaway Lady said...

I loved reading Stand In Groom:) This one is on my wish list now. Thanks!!

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

I just got this in the mail last week...and can't wait to read it! Now I'm a little worried after reading your review though. :)

I have an award for you here:

http://someofmyfavoritebooks.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-blog-awards.html

{{hugs}}

Blog Archive