ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Sweet By and By by Sara Evans with Rachel Hauck -- Review

The Sweet By and By The Sweet By and By by Rachel Hauck

A redemptive story from multi-platinum recording artist Sara Evans.
Jade Fitzgerald left the pain of her past in the dust when she headed out for college a decade ago. Now she's thriving in her career and glowing in the light of Max Benson's love.


But then Jade's hippie mother, Beryl Hill, arrives in Whisper Hollow, Tennessee, for Jade's wedding along with Willow, her wild younger sister. Their arrival forces Jade to throw open the dark closets of her past--the insecurity of living with a restless, wandering mother, the silence of her absent father, and the heart-ripping pain of first-love's rejection.
Turns out Beryl has a secret of her own. She needs reconciliation with her oldest daughter before illness takes her life. In the final days leading to the wedding, Jade meets the One who shows her that the past has no hold on her future. With a little grace, they'll meet in the middle, maybe even before that sweet by and by.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Rachel Hauck is a favorite author and I absolutely love her Sweet Caroline and Love Starts with Elle, however this book I do not love. I like this book and it is interesting and entertaining, but it is not quite my cup of tea. I could not really relate to the characters personally and it made it hard for me to enjoy it. I could easily see this story being a Hallmark film and would definitely watch it and encourage others to do so as well, it is just not a favorite.

View all my reviews >>


Rachel Hauck's website
Sara Evans' website


My reviews: 
Sweet Caroline
Love Starts with Elle 

1 comments and creative thoughts:

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

LOL We're complete opposites on this one!

I've tried to read a couple of Rachel Hauck's books, and either had to force myself to finish them, or just gave up. However, I really enjoyed this book, and can't wait for the next one. ;)

Blog Archive