At the dawn of the First World War, the French provincial village of Briecourt is isolated from the battles, but the century-old feud between the Toussaints and the de Colvilles still rages in the streets. When the German army sweeps in to occupy the town, families on both sides of the feud must work together to protect stragglers caught behind enemy lines. Julitte Toussaint may have been adopted from a faraway island, but she feels the scorn of the de Colvilles as much as anyone born a Toussaint. So when she falls in love with one of the stragglers—a wealthy and handsome Belgian entrepreneur—she knows she’s playing with fire. Charles Lassone hides in the cellar of the Briecourt church, safe from the Germans for the moment. But if he’s discovered, it will bring danger to the entire village and could cost Charles his life. First in a three-book series.
*Thanks to author Maureen Lang, I have an opportunity to pick a lucky winner for a copy of your own.* Why do you want this book? This giveaway is open until Friday, December 4th. This is open to US winners only, please provide an email address for contact.
Good luck all! And for the fun of it, after your MANDATORY entry above, any of the following will get you additional entries...
- Add my blog to your technorati favs (left sidebar)
- Follow my blog through Google Friend Connect (right sidebar)
- Follow my blog through Networked Blogs (right sidebar)
- Subscribe to my blog via Feedburner (right sidebar)
- Follow me on Twitter (right sidebar)
- Tweet this giveaway (come back and leave your status link - find this by clicking on your time of tweet)
- Join my Facebook Fan page
- Comment on other non-giveaway posts
- Blog about this giveaway
- Grab my button and link to my blog (left sidebar)
- Grab my giveaway button and link to my blog (right sidebar)