ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Review: The Bride Bargain

The Bride Bargain (Prairie Promises Series #1)



My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My review is from reading an ARC version thanks to Angie of Barbour Books. An enjoyable read by an author new to me. In the same way that I enjoy, but do not absolutely love the work of Cathy Marie Hake I earnestly enjoy the writing of Kelly Eileen Hake as well. Being the same age as the author also gives me another reason to awe and praise her work. In the future I definitely look forward to reading many more stories from Kelly Eileen Hake to come.

First let me start with the only real downside I see to this book or rather to the Prairie Promises Series, I just do not like the covers on bit. Not sure what it is, but in comparison to other covers out there, these just do not do it for me. As for the story, this is a good plot of matchmaking that backfires on the maker as it often will. The witty humor is fun and the characters are enjoyable. After reading the first sections I felt that I knew what was going to happen, but that is okay. Every once in a while you need a story like that. The best part of the descriptions of prairie life for me were the detailed recipe instructions of the food made by various characters through out. for my preference, these are no Mary Connealy (which I absolutely love!), but never the less enjoyable prairie promises of romance and I look forward to the rest of the series.

View all my reviews >>


3 comments and creative thoughts:

Nise' said...

I agree, the covers are terrible and do not do the books justice.

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

I have to agree with you ladies, these covers are not my favorite at all. I haven't read this book but I have read the second story and really loved it. IMO Bethany House and Revell have the best covers and they have some great ones coming up next year.

xoxo~ Renee

CherryBlossomMJ said...

Barbour does have some great covers though: ie Mary Connealy books or M.L. Tyndall.

Blog Archive