An Absence So Great: A Novel by Jane Kirkpatrick
Jane Kirkpatrick is an award-winning author of sixteen historical novels, including A Flickering Light, the first part of Jessie Gaebale’s story, and three nonfiction titles. Known for her unique insights into the exploration of community, family and faith of actual historical women, the Wisconsin native and her husband have called their ranch in Oregon home for the past 25 years.
Did photography replace an absence in her life or expose the truth of her heart’s emptiness?
While growing in confidence as a photographer, eighteen-year-old Jessie Ann Gaebele’s personal life is at a crossroads. Hoping she’s put an unfortunate romantic longing behind her as “water under the bridge,” she exiles herself to Milwaukee to operate photographic studios for those owners who have fallen ill with mercury poisoning.
Jessie gains footing in her dream to one day operate her own studio and soon finds herself in other Midwest towns, pursuing her profession. But even a job she loves can’t keep painful memories from seeping into her heart when the shadows of a forbidden love threaten to darken the portrait of her life.
View all my reviews >>
Find out more about this book through the RandomHouse WaterBrook Multnomah website.
Even though this book was not my cup of tea it may be yours.
Thanks to the gracious people at WaterBrook Multnomah I have one copy of An Absence So Great to giveaway to one lucky reader.
- subscribe to Creative Madness through Feedburner and confirm
- add me to your technorati favs
- fan Creative Madness on Facebook
- subscribe to Jane Kirkpatrick's blog
- follow me on twitter @cherryblossommj or @cherryblossomch and tweet including the following terms in your original tweet (#giveaway @cherryblossommj @waterbrookpress @janekirkpatrick) and a link to this post
- email a friend about this giveaway and cc:email me
- blog about the giveaway, come back and link to your post
- comment on other non giveaway posts and tell me where
- Grab my button and link to my blog (sidebar) and tell me where I can find it