ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Monday, July 14, 2008

Christy Winners and Finalists Announced!!!

Here are the Christy winners and Finalists!!!

I plan to read them all, but for now, you can see my comments on those that I have be blessed to read. - MJ


CONTEMPORARY (Stand Alone)

Winner:
Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin (Thomas Nelson)

Finalists:

In High Places by Tom Morrisey (Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson (Thomas Nelson) [I just won a copy the other day, I cannot wait to read it!]



CONTEMPORARY (Series, Sequels and Novellas)

Winner:
Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon (Viking Penguin)

Finalists:

A Time to Mend by Sally John and Gary Smalley (Thomas Nelson)

What Lies Within by Karen Ball (WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group) [I have only read part of this one so far, but enjoyed that part. I really liked the first two of this series as well. Karen is very talented, but then I think that is a known fact in the writing word of Christian Fiction.]



HISTORICAL

Winner:
A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin (Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

Finalists:

Lady of Milkweed Manor by Julie Klassen (Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group) [This is one that I'm dying to get my hands on...]

A Tendering in the Storm by Jane Kirkpatrick (WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group)



LITS (tie)

Winner:
Hallie's Heart by Shelly Beach (Kregel Publications)

Finalists:

Doesn't She Look Natural by Angela Hunt (Tyndale House Publishers)

Let Them Eat Cake by Sandra Byrd (WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group)

Trophy Wives Club by Kristin Billerbeck (Avon Inspire, a division of HarperCollins Publishers)



ROMANCE

Winner:
Remembered by Tamera Alexander (Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group) [This entire series by Tammy was beyond wonderful! Read my review of Rekindled, Revealed, and Remembered here.]

Finalists:

Lightning and Lace by DiAnn Mills (Barbour Publishing) [Looking forward to reading this one.]

Remember to Forget by Deborah Raney (Howard Books, a division of Simon and Schuster) [Looking forward to reading this one.]



SUSPENSE

Winner:
The Cure by Athol Dickson (Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

Finalists:

My Hands Came Away Red by Lisa McKay (Moody Publishers)

The Pawn by Steven James (Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group)



VISIONARY

Winner:
Scarlet by Stephen R. Lawhead (Thomas Nelson) [Hood and Scarlet are probably two of my favorite books now, they were really wonderful. Also, I'd suggest Elsa Watson's Maid Marian to read along with them. To read my review of Hood and Scarlet click here. To read my review of Maid Marian click here.]

Finalists:

Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet (WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group) [Started this one, was bored with it slightly, but I plan to go back once the TBR pile shrinks...]

The Restorer by Sharon Hinck (NavPress Publishing Group) [Absolutely loved it, read my review here. I cannot wait to read The Restorer's Son and The Restorer's Journey.]



FIRST NOVEL

Winner:
The Stones Cry Out by Sibella Giorello (Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

Finalists:

Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet (WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group)

Demon: A Memoir by Tosca Lee (NavPress Publishing Group) [I really cannot wait to read this one.]



YOUNG ADULT

Winner:
Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson (NavPress Publishing Group) [Absolutely fabulous, no doubt about it. I just loved HN and Finding Hollywood Nobody and Romancing Hollywood Nobody. Read my review of HN, then FHN, and then RHN. I cannot wait for Goodbye Hollywood Nobody!]

Finalists:

Maggie Come Lately by Michelle Buckman (NavPress Publishing Group)

In Between by Jenny B. Jones (NavPress Publishing Group)

0 comments and creative thoughts:

Blog Archive