Monday, July 21, 2008
On all three days (see future posts) you have the opportunity to leave comments to win a handmade beaded dragon bookmark and/or a t-shirt. Pictures of these type items and more just as fabulous if not even more cool DragonKeeper stuff is on the DK Chronicles Website here. This is some pretty neat stuff, and you should really check it out! (I love the mugs, they are just too adorable!)
The Featured book, DragonLight, is book #5 in the DragonKeeper Chronicles written by Donita K. Paul, find out more about her and her series on her website here, or her blog here.
For those of you who have been following my blog for a while may have seen back in April that I became very excited about the DragonKeeper Chronicles and have been ever since! I'm shocked that I did not know about this wonderful series sooner. I'd recommend the whole series for anyone of any age seeking some adventure. Start from DragonSpell and work your way through beginning to end.
Book #1 DragonSpell
Book #2 DragonQuest
Book#3 DragonKnight (I'm currently reading this one, and love it!)
Book #4 DragonFire
Book #5 DragonLight
Today, I want to give you a peek into DragonSpell with my review:
This book kept me giggling and curious for more. With a full combination of Dumbledore and Gandolf, with Jesus and God the Father, as well as the Fellowship of the Ring, and flashes of the Shadow of Evil plot in mind... this book is a wonderful original that is reminiscent of many wonderful things that takes you to no place like you have ever been.
Kale is a simple o'rant girl who does not think too highly of herself. This is a story where Paladin comes to her in ways unimagined and shows he...more This book kept me giggling and curious for more. With a full combination of Dumbledore and Gandolf, with Jesus and God the Father, as well as the Fellowship of the Ring, and flashes of the Shadow of Evil plot in mind... this book is a wonderful original th at is reminiscent of many wonderful things th at takes you to no place like you have ever been.
Kale is a simple o'rant girl who does not think too highly of herself. This is a story where Paladin comes to her in ways unimagined and shows her what she is made of, whether it is more or less than what she thought you'll have to read it and see. This book is a great adventure, literally for all ages!
At present, our schedule for the coming months is as follows:
* July – Donita Paul, DragonLight (fantasy)
* August – Sigmund Brouwer, Broken Angel (adult suspense/fantasy)
* September – Marcher Lord Press
* October – Bryan Davis, Beyond the Reflection’s Edge (YA science fantasy) (Click the title to see my review and a first chapter look at the fabulous book!)
* November – John Olson, Shade (dark fantasy – tentative)
* December – Lost Genre Guild website
(Just for fun [the] marked five who also participated in CSFF’s first book tour, featuring Donita Paul’s DragonKnight back in June 2006.)
CSFF Blog Tour
D. G. D. Davidson
* Beth Goddard
Todd Michael Greene
* Shannon McNear
* Rebecca LuElla Miller
John W. Otte
* Cheryl Russel
* Steve Trower
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- ► 2009 (573)
- Remember "early" High School???
- T. Suzanne (Susie) Eller, the author (Blog tour an...
- Searching for Spice by Megan DiMaria
- CFBA DragonLight by Donita K. Paul
- Sushi for One? by Camy Tang
- Making It Real by T. Suzanne Eller (Blog tour and ...
- CFBA Falcon and the Sparrow by M.L. Tyndall
- The Deuteronomy Project by Richard B. Couser
- Coming Unglued by Rebeca Seitz: a review
- Promises, Promises by Amber Miller: Blog Tour and ...
- CSFF Blog Tour: DragonLight Day 3
- Nan's Journey by Elaine Littau
- CFBA Painted Dresses by Patricia Hickman
- CSFF Blog Tour: DragonLight Day 2
- The Falcon and the Sparrow by M.L. Tyndall: FIRST ...
- Try Darkness by James Scott Bell: CFBA Blog Tour &...
- CSFF Blog Tour: DragonLight Day 1
- Watcher in the Woods by Robert Liparulo: FIRST cha...
- The Falcon and the Sparrow by ML Tyndall: a review...
- The Falcon and the Sparrow by M.L. Tyndall: a trai...
- "Evolution of Dance"
- Remembering Jane Austen
- "Baby Got Book"
- Flashpoint by Frank Creed
- Dr. Horrible
- Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock: a revie...
- Book Reflection's
- Promises, Promises by Amber Miller: CFBA Blog Tour...
- The Woman I Am Becoming by T. Suzanne Eller (Blog ...
- A Must Read Article from Focus on the Family
- A HORRIBLE BOOK! What's the Big Deal About Other R...
- A Fabulous book! Love Starts with Elle by Rachel H...
- Christy Winners and Finalists Announced!!!
- Sisterchicks Go Brit! by Robin Jones Gunn
- A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman
- Testimony of Pam Davis, Author and Creator of the ...
- Once Blind: The Life of John Newton by Kay M. Stro...
- The Mom I Want to Be by T. Suzanne Eller (Blog Tou...
- "I Will Sing the Wondrous Story"
- All about that thing called FIRST
- The Edge of Recall by Kristen Heitzmann: a review ...
- Chat with Melanie Wells at Abunga
- Sweet Caroline and Love Starts With Elle by Rachel...
- Romancing Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson: a revie...
- WOOHOO Romancing Hollywood Nobody!!!!
- Q&A with Marlo Schalesky, author of Beyond the Nig...
- Q&A with Beth Pattillo, author of The Sweetgum Kni...
- The Edge of Recall by Kristen Heitzmann: Q & A
- Edge of Recall by Kristen Heitzmann
- The Sweetgum Knit Lit Society by Beth Pattillo
- Ransomed Dreams by Amy Wallace: a review
- Sweet Caroline by Rachel Hauck: a review
- Garner, Massey, and Martin Genealogy
- Faith in the Fog of War Vol II by Chris Plekenpol
- Quilting and more quilting
- Beyond the Night by Marlo Schalesky
- Love Starts With Elle by Rachel Hauck: a review
- FIRST: A Mile in My Flip-Flops by Melody Carlson
- ▼ July (61)