ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock: a review

Princess Ben Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock (author's website)

My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
First off, I must share my favorite line(s) from this book that sent me into fits of giggles:



With that, I hurled the slipper at him, not caring if I caused his decapitation. (I did not.) Marshaling what little dignity I yet possessed, I stomped down the corridor -- challenging indeed with one shoe -- and around the corner. I lay awake for hours. The prince had no right, not one, to indict me so, and if I had held the slightest hope of the book's assistance, I would have climbed at once to my wizard room for a spell with which to punish him. Death, perhaps, or humiliation. A croaking frog would be nice, particularly a frog that retained Florian's dark eyes. I should keep it in a box and poke it occasionally with a stick; that would be satisfying indeed.



Princess Ben is one of the most well thought-out and intellectually relevant books that I have ever read in today's time! Princess Benevolent has quite a year and must learn how to live up to her name. I earnestly can see where a reader can grow along with Ben, learning some difficult lessons that we especially today wish to ignore. Through this book I can see many a young, teenager, or older girl grow more into herself and what she will someday be. I feel like I learned somethings about myself through this book. All around a fabulous story, with twisting plots and turns I did not expect. The first section was a little droll, and I was waiting for excitement. Well the excitement came! and that build-up had been proper and necessary. I strongly encourage anyone to read this book. Buy it for your tween and teenage gals and let them go on the adventure. Goodness me, go on it yourself!


View all my reviews.

  • Hardcover: 344 pages
  • Publisher: Houghton Mifflin; 1 edition (March 18, 2008)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0618959718
  • ISBN-13: 978-0618959716

0 comments and creative thoughts:

Blog Archive