Welcome to Faith 'n Fiction Saturday where we get together and talk about our love for Christian fiction. To participate, simply write your answer on your blog, find the permalink of your post and then come (to My Friend Amy's Blog) enter the permalink into the Mr. Linky. Please also link back to the official post over there.
It's Christmas time and one of my favorite things to do is read Christmas themed books. Do you enjoy reading holiday themed books? Do you have any special book you read every year? Do you have a special devotional you like to use? Have you read any good Christmas books this year?
In the past, outside of one Mandie Mystery that was a Christmas book and then a couple Christmas time Mary Higgins Clark, I am not sure that I read many Christmas books. From childhood I remember some, but there is not really a set stack or anything. At least there was not until last summer.
During the summer, I bought (on a great bargain I might add from CBD) over twenty copies of Christmas books (novellas and novels) from Barbour Books. Then this year there are some others than I plan to read as well. Christmas time has always been the time where I watched those old TV shows that I have on recorded VHS (boy are they fuzzy!!!). It was things like "Thanksgiving Promise" "The Flight of the Navigator" "King Arthur" (a 90s version where a little black girl goes back in time) "Rudolph" "Frosty" and "The Cat in the Hat". Those are the things that I remember. But this year is so much better with reading reading reading!
So far I have read, White Christmas Pie and I have a huge stack of others that I plan to jump into soon! Holiday Illusion, Christmas Dreams, Christmas on the Prairie, Angels For Christmas, Lone Star Christmas, Patchwork Holiday, An Old Fashioned Christmas, Home for Christmas, A Currier & Ives Christmas, Homespun Christmas, Simply Christmas, Finding Father Christmas, Engaging Father Christmas, A Paper Bag Christmas, O Little Town (waiting for this one to arrive), One Perfect Day, One Holy Night, Texas Christmas Legacy, and Texas Christmas Brides.
As to whether I will get through them all this year, that remains to be seen!! Because I also have a good pile of others that I would love to use this time to read! Like Hannah Grace, Before the Season Ends, My Heart Remembers, Where the Heart Leads, Until We Reach Home, Unbridled Dreams, The Centurion's Wife, Demon, Havah, Cursebreaker, House of Dark Shadows, and more and more. The TBR list is never ended and for that I am extremely grateful!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- ► 2009 (573)
- Masterpiece Theater on PBS 2009 Winter & Spring Sc...
- Masterpiece Theater: Tess of the D'Urbervilles on ...
- Beloved Castaway by Kathleen Y'Barbo: a review
- CSFF Blog Tour: Lost Genre Guild
- The Red Siren by MaryLu Tyndall: a review
- FIRST: The Winter of Candy Canes by Debbie Viguie
- FIRST: Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burka...
- FIRST: The Sword and the Flute by Mike Hamel
- FIRST: Marketplace Memos (a devotional)
- FIRST: Assaulted by Joy by Stephen Simpson
- CFBA: Where Do I Go? by Neta Jackson
- Toot & Puddle: I'll Be Home for Christmas: a revie...
- Fertility Facts from Conceive Magazine
- Holiday Illusion by Lynette Eason: a review
- Quills & Promises by Amber Miller: a review
- FIRST: The Jesus Who Never Lived by H. Wayne House...
- FIRST: Desire and Deceit by Albert Mohler
- Guest Blog (Day 6): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- Faith 'n Fiction Saturday: Christmas Books!
- FIRST: Cursebreaker by Nancy Wentz
- Guest Blog (Day 5): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- FIRST: Hannah Grace by Sharlene MacLaren
- Guest Blog (Day 4): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- Quilting Day - Thursday, continued later on...
- Update on Julie Lessman's A Passion Denied
- Quilting and Cats
- Quilting Day - Thursday
- CFBA: Engaging Father Christmas
- CFBA: Quills & Promises by Amber Miller
- FIRST: Your Best Life Begins Each Morning
- FYI on Clueless Cowboy by Mary Connealy
- FIRST: The Christmas Edition by Robin Shope
- Guest Blog (Day 3): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- White Christmas Pie by Wanda Brunstetter: a review...
- Mailbox Monday - December 8th
- Guest Blog (Day 2): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- Handbook on Thriving as an Adoptive Family by Davi...
- Guest Blog (Day 1): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- A Promise to Believe In by Tracie Peterson: a revi...
- CFBA: Dark Pursuit by Brandilyn Collins
- FIRST: Apocalypse Unleashed by Mel Odom
- Blog Tour: SMORE for Women
- FIRST: Rainforest Strategy
- FIRST: Searching for a Better God
- The One Year Great Songs of Faith: a review
- CFBA: One Perfect Day
- FIRST: Leave it to Chance
- Mailbox Monday - December 1st
- ▼ December (49)