White Christmas Pie by Wanda E. Brunstetter
rating: 4 of 5 stars
Up to this point, my only experience with the stories from Wanda Brunstetter has been the Sisters of Holmes County series. To be honest I must admit that I was not a fan of that series. Overall, I have heard wonderful things about the Amish fiction from Wanda Brunstetter. Starting this book, I came in with mixed feeling and expectations from the things that I have heard and felt myself. In the end, I was pleasantly pleased.
"White Christmas Pie" is a good holiday or anytime of the year read. It is a story of hurt and misconceptions. Feelings that are harbored in one's heart will affect other pieces of their life and this is a story of about finding answers and peace. There are going to be various things in our lies that will prompt questions that will receive no answer.
As Christians, it is an important part of life to forgive and forget when necessary no matter how difficult and even without all the facts. God has a plan for our lives and he knows best. Each day, live to the fullest for him and do not remain caught up in pain.
View all my reviews.
For more information, check out www.barbourbooks.com.
Monday, December 8, 2008
White Christmas Pie by Wanda E. Brunstetter
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- ► 2009 (573)
- Masterpiece Theater on PBS 2009 Winter & Spring Sc...
- Masterpiece Theater: Tess of the D'Urbervilles on ...
- Beloved Castaway by Kathleen Y'Barbo: a review
- CSFF Blog Tour: Lost Genre Guild
- The Red Siren by MaryLu Tyndall: a review
- FIRST: The Winter of Candy Canes by Debbie Viguie
- FIRST: Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burka...
- FIRST: The Sword and the Flute by Mike Hamel
- FIRST: Marketplace Memos (a devotional)
- FIRST: Assaulted by Joy by Stephen Simpson
- CFBA: Where Do I Go? by Neta Jackson
- Toot & Puddle: I'll Be Home for Christmas: a revie...
- Fertility Facts from Conceive Magazine
- Holiday Illusion by Lynette Eason: a review
- Quills & Promises by Amber Miller: a review
- FIRST: The Jesus Who Never Lived by H. Wayne House...
- FIRST: Desire and Deceit by Albert Mohler
- Guest Blog (Day 6): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- Faith 'n Fiction Saturday: Christmas Books!
- FIRST: Cursebreaker by Nancy Wentz
- Guest Blog (Day 5): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- FIRST: Hannah Grace by Sharlene MacLaren
- Guest Blog (Day 4): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- Quilting Day - Thursday, continued later on...
- Update on Julie Lessman's A Passion Denied
- Quilting and Cats
- Quilting Day - Thursday
- CFBA: Engaging Father Christmas
- CFBA: Quills & Promises by Amber Miller
- FIRST: Your Best Life Begins Each Morning
- FYI on Clueless Cowboy by Mary Connealy
- FIRST: The Christmas Edition by Robin Shope
- Guest Blog (Day 3): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- White Christmas Pie by Wanda Brunstetter: a review...
- Mailbox Monday - December 8th
- Guest Blog (Day 2): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- Handbook on Thriving as an Adoptive Family by Davi...
- Guest Blog (Day 1): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- A Promise to Believe In by Tracie Peterson: a revi...
- CFBA: Dark Pursuit by Brandilyn Collins
- FIRST: Apocalypse Unleashed by Mel Odom
- Blog Tour: SMORE for Women
- FIRST: Rainforest Strategy
- FIRST: Searching for a Better God
- The One Year Great Songs of Faith: a review
- CFBA: One Perfect Day
- FIRST: Leave it to Chance
- Mailbox Monday - December 1st
- ▼ December (49)