ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Monday, December 15, 2008

Quills & Promises by Amber Miller: a review

Quills & Promises Quills & Promises by Amber Miller


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
*sigh* Is it not fabulous when as a reader, you turn the last page of a book and the first thing you do is sigh in complete contentment. Well that is my reaction and I am certain many others experience with the second Promises book from Amber Miller "Quills & Promises". It tells the story of the daughter of the characters from the first book, "Promises, Promises" and is complete on it's own as a stand alone as well. I cannot wait to read more from this author.



The story took me into the time of the French & Indiana war, and I was able to meet people and learn personalities and experiences that I have not had before. It was great. One of my favorite movies is "The Patriot" and even though that was the Revolutionary War, this story reminded me of it, but it was better. In this story we have to characters that write letters through out the course of war and you find out things about the war as well as personalities. The best part that makes the story in the book better than that movie, is the devotion to God and even though the desire for retaliation is there, the act is not. That is something that is so hard, but so full of Christ's love as an example.



I highly recommend the stories from Amber Miller to anyone craving a little romance in a historical setting.


View all my reviews.


1 comments and creative thoughts:

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Thanks, Margaret, for your review and your spotlight on this book. It does my heart good to hear from readers enjoying my books. I'd be nowhere without readers like you. :)

Blog Archive