A Promise to Believe In by Tracie Peterson
rating: 5 of 5 stars
Absolutely the very best that I have read from Tracie Peterson so far. "A Promise to Believe In" is creative, moving, funny, adventurous, and endearing. I just loved it. It had all of the elements that I have come to love of historical novels from Tracie Peterson.
In many historicals, a reader can find a novel telling the story of three characters, in this case sisters, and then the next two books in the trilogy will continue the story of a different character. This is the first book that I have read that I knew was more about one sister than the others, but it did not feel that way. I got some insight and background on each sister and was feeling for them and loving them all from the beginning in different ways, yet not more than the other. It makes me even more excited for the continuing books that I would have been otherwise.
Gwen Gallatin learns or at least God attempts to put her in positions to learn of his love and grace and this book is a fabulous tool to learn some pure motives to check your own thoughts and opinions of yourself and those around you.
An absolutely pleasure filled read full of the glory and grace of God in the characters and their actions. I can definitely see a continuing story building of how good will triumph in the name of God. Keep the books coming Tracie, I want more!!
View all my reviews.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
A Promise to Believe In by Tracie Peterson
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- ► 2009 (573)
- Masterpiece Theater on PBS 2009 Winter & Spring Sc...
- Masterpiece Theater: Tess of the D'Urbervilles on ...
- Beloved Castaway by Kathleen Y'Barbo: a review
- CSFF Blog Tour: Lost Genre Guild
- The Red Siren by MaryLu Tyndall: a review
- FIRST: The Winter of Candy Canes by Debbie Viguie
- FIRST: Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burka...
- FIRST: The Sword and the Flute by Mike Hamel
- FIRST: Marketplace Memos (a devotional)
- FIRST: Assaulted by Joy by Stephen Simpson
- CFBA: Where Do I Go? by Neta Jackson
- Toot & Puddle: I'll Be Home for Christmas: a revie...
- Fertility Facts from Conceive Magazine
- Holiday Illusion by Lynette Eason: a review
- Quills & Promises by Amber Miller: a review
- FIRST: The Jesus Who Never Lived by H. Wayne House...
- FIRST: Desire and Deceit by Albert Mohler
- Guest Blog (Day 6): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- Faith 'n Fiction Saturday: Christmas Books!
- FIRST: Cursebreaker by Nancy Wentz
- Guest Blog (Day 5): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- FIRST: Hannah Grace by Sharlene MacLaren
- Guest Blog (Day 4): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- Quilting Day - Thursday, continued later on...
- Update on Julie Lessman's A Passion Denied
- Quilting and Cats
- Quilting Day - Thursday
- CFBA: Engaging Father Christmas
- CFBA: Quills & Promises by Amber Miller
- FIRST: Your Best Life Begins Each Morning
- FYI on Clueless Cowboy by Mary Connealy
- FIRST: The Christmas Edition by Robin Shope
- Guest Blog (Day 3): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- White Christmas Pie by Wanda Brunstetter: a review...
- Mailbox Monday - December 8th
- Guest Blog (Day 2): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- Handbook on Thriving as an Adoptive Family by Davi...
- Guest Blog (Day 1): Gallimore by Michelle Griep
- A Promise to Believe In by Tracie Peterson: a revi...
- CFBA: Dark Pursuit by Brandilyn Collins
- FIRST: Apocalypse Unleashed by Mel Odom
- Blog Tour: SMORE for Women
- FIRST: Rainforest Strategy
- FIRST: Searching for a Better God
- The One Year Great Songs of Faith: a review
- CFBA: One Perfect Day
- FIRST: Leave it to Chance
- Mailbox Monday - December 1st
- ▼ December (49)