ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quilting Day - Thursday, continued later on...


Last night I decided to work on "the green quilt". This was originally picked out because I was going to make it for the futon... while now the futon is in the Quilting Den, it is not quite as high up on my list of things to complete... Not like when it was in the living room... but then the quilt could still be used there...

Well last night and today I spent HOURS cutting these six and a half inch strips only to discover that when I was sewing them together that I was WRONG! It's okay. 6 1/2" is the right size, but the directions for this quilt were by strip piecing... Meaning, I was suppose to take these 2" x WOF (width of fabric) strips (see in picture) and sew them together in sets, then cut them as a whole to 6 1/2". Yeah... I just created hours more work for myself...

But one day, when I finish this disaster that I have made, it'll be so pretty!!

Today, I finally repaired the one block that was upside down and backward on this quilt...

Patches approves. *grin*

It's my Ice Cream Social Quilt and I'm thinking about calling it "Sherbet".


So that is my quilting for the day... bits and pieces accomplished... Now I am off to do a little more, and when DH gets home, I will bug him for batteries... Because the poor camera is dying of over activity.

2 comments and creative thoughts:

Nise' said...

What a beautiful quilt. I can see why Patches approves!

Amy K said...

I think Sherbet is a GREAT name for that quilt. It's so colorful! Love it!

Blog Archive