ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Review: The Great Christmas Bowl

The Great Christmas Bowl The Great Christmas Bowl by Susan May Warren


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I do not know whether to consider this a novel or a short story at less than 200 pages, but no matter what category it fits in, it fits under the title of Fabulous! In starting the book, knowing that it was about a woman with five children practically grown, I was unsure that it would be for me as I am a new mom of an 8 week old. I highly doubted that I could relate to someone with so much experience and was uncertain if I would enjoy the read. Yet I love Susie's writing and could not turn it down. Oh my am I glad that I read this! It is an eye opener and even in such a short page amount one can really find some introspective.

The book is full of humor and real life. What I love about this story is that everything that happens one can imagine and relate to in some manner or another. This is a novel about family and the true meaning of Christmas spirit through hospitality. Each page contains humor and a little bit of sad truth of life yet even more joy and reasons for things we are capable of doing. I highly recommend this read for everyone this Christmas season and suggest that you share it with your friends as well. This is one that will not leave you too quickly. I'm so glad Susie decided to publish it.

View all my reviews >>

Go back to my post from this morning to read the first chapter and more...



0 comments and creative thoughts:

Blog Archive