Find giveaway information under this brief message...
Be Part of the Solution
“In the U.S., 30 million people over age 16 — 14 percent of the country’s adult population — don’t read well enough to understand a newspaper story written at the eighth grade level or fill out a job application.”
I Told Two Friends is an online campaign led by Dallas author, Melanie Wells, to rally book lovers to help fight adult illiteracy. Readers are invited to join our effort to raise $100,000 for the cause by purchasing Melanie Wells’ novel, My Soul To Keep, and encouraging two friends do the same. 100% of the author’s profits will go to ProLiteracy, an international non-profit whose mission is to end adult illiteracy worldwide.
Tell two friends, and they’ll tell two friends, and so on and so on … and help thousands of eager adults learn to read this sentence. Be part of the solution!
This is how it works:
1) Purchase two of any Melanie Well’s Dylan Foster thriller, My Soul to Keep, at your local bookstore or through any of the online merchants listed on http://itoldtwofriends.com/ site. Give the books to two friends and tell them about how they can help support adult literacy by each purchasing two books and giving them to two friends….then they tell two friends, and they’ll tell two friends….you get the point by now!
2) Sign up through the e-mail form to the right (on http://itoldtwofriends.com/) to receive e-mail updates about the campaign. To participate in the contest and earn the glory of raising the most funds for literacy, remember to sign up for the competition as well. Both forms are listed on the right side bar.
3) Make sure you keep track of who you tell and who they tell (this is what we call a “string”) because the people with the longest strings or who have told the most people will get some wicked prizes. This is where your creativity comes in. We don’t care how you show us, but you’ve got to show us! It could be through pictures, video or even a long laundry list. This way we will know who gets bragging rights for raising the most funds for literacy! We’ll post whatever your send us to show which readers are committed to the campaign.
4) Follow us on Twitter for other updates: www.twitter.com/itoldtwofriends
5) Tell two more friends and repeat steps 1, 3 & 4!
Here are a few stories from adults who have benefited from ProLiteracy:
ProLiteracy champions the power of literacy to improve the lives of adults and their families, communities, and societies.
ProLiteracy works with its members, partners, and the adult learners they serve; along with local, national, and international organizations. ProLiteracy helps build the capacity and quality of programs that are teaching adults to read, write, compute, use technology, and learn English as a new language by:
• Advocating for public policies and legislation that benefit adult learners and the people and programs that serve them
• Providing professional development and training, technical assistance, publications, online resources, and credentialing services for program directors, instructors, trainers, and volunteer tutors working with adult learners in the U.S.
• Working internationally with existing non-governmental agencies to create programs that combine native language literacy lessons with community projects related to the environment, economic self-sufficiency, education, health, family literacy, and peace/conflict resolution using a methodology called Literacy for Social Change
• Publishing educational materials that address the learning needs and difficulties of adult learners and of youths in grades 6-10. ProLiteracy produces the only weekly newspaper written in plain English. Proceeds from sales of these materials through New Readers Press, our publishing division, support ProLiteracy’s programs.
• Sponsoring an annual conference that offers workshops, presentations, and special sessions on the most up-to-date research, instruction techniques, and program management skills; provides opportunities for networking among peers; and includes an exhibit hall with the latest products for adult literacy instruction.
In all 50 states and the District of Columbia, ProLiteracy’s network of organizational and individual members offer adults instruction in basic literacy, GED preparation, math, and English as a second language.
For more information on ProLiteracy, please visit www.proliteracy.org or use the button on this page.
Today's extra is for an autographed set of the Day of Evil Series, autographed by author Melanie Wells from my mailbox to yours.
As nasty as I knew Peter Terry to be, I never expected him to start kidnapping kids. Much less a sweet, funny little boy with nothing to protect him but a few knock-kneed women, two rabbits, and a staple gun..."
Second in the spiritual thriller trilogy from Melanie Wells, this preview of Chapter 1 is the first ever released to the public. Wells has joined the ranks of other accomplished novelists such as Frank Peretti, Ted Dekker, and Randy Alcorn, all of whom bring fascinating spiritual warfare themes to their masterful fiction writing.
Private practice counselor Melanie Wells has taken the publishing world by storm in her new psychological and spiritual thriller, When the Day of Evil Comes. This first work of the trilogy is available now in bookstores everywhere.
So here's the MANDATORY DEAL. Follow @itoldtwofriends on Twitter, and tell me why you would like to win this series rather than buy a copy for yourself. Click here, to go read my review and tell me what is it from my review that makes you want to buy a copy of the book if you do not win the entire series now.
For extra entries, do all the extra stuff. You know the drill. If not, check back on a previous giveaway to get ideas...
Open to US only. Winner will be chosen on October 18th.