ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Duke's Redemption by Carla Capshaw - Review

The Duke's Redemption (Love Inspired Historical) The Duke's Redemption by Carla Capshaw

Drake Amberly, Duke of Hawk Haven, came to the colonies for revenge-to unmask the spy who killed his brother. Yet he find himself distracted from his mission by the beautiful and spirited Elise Cooper. But as Drake's pursuit of "The Fox" brings him dangerously close to Elise's secrets, she must prove to him that love and forgiveness are all they need.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I dare say that I could quite feel my heart beating out of my chest at times through out this adventure. The revolutionary war era is my favorite historical time period and I hardly find a novel entwined in that time that I enjoy, but that was not the case with this novel. I very much so enjoyed the experience of reading into the lives of Duke Drake Amberly and his true love, the espionage Fox for the Patriots Elise Cooper.


The things that one would do to save the life of her sister meet with the things that one would do to receive vengeance for the life of his brother and they are stalled with the question of is their love strong enough to endure the past? Knowing from the beginning that they would fall in love, it was difficult not being able to turn the pages fast enough. Such a complicated situation, it is hard to even suggest what the outcome could be.


Author Carla Capshaw kept my attention wrapped around each page and continuing chapter and I am so glad to have entered her into my favorite author list. I enjoyed this novel and I will definitely be on the look out for more.




*Thanks to Carla Capshaw for sending me a copy!*


View all my reviews >>


Carla Capshaw's website 
Love Inspired website




The Duke's Redemption (Love Inspired Historical)The Gladiator (Love Inspired Historical)

4 comments and creative thoughts:

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

I've read The Gladiator and really loved it so I'm really excited to read this! Glad to hear it's worth reading!

xoxo~ Renee

Stormi said...

Not read any of her books but that one sounds really good.

Unknown said...

I've read both! Love her. Supposedly her new heroe is even better than Caros(according to her editor)

Unknown said...

You can get them on the Harlequin website. They have all of them on there that you can order from any month. B&N carries them too.

Blog Archive