ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Monday, January 4, 2010

Ode to my Kitty now gone...








When I was in fifth grade, life was odd.
Friends were had, but all in competition.
One day life changed and something was all mine.
Hershey Kisses was brown and black.
His tongue was never held back.
Sweet rough tongue kisses were given aplenty.
Snuggles and bonks from his head were many.
Through miserable years in middle school and high.
Hershey, my HK was always nearby.
Even in college when I had an apartment of my own.
HK stayed with me, so I was never alone.


As a small child I had another cat.
Her name was Sugar, part of a pair with Spice.
In less than a few months she was gone,

Taken by a neighbor not so nice.
Never had I gotten too attached.
Memories are sparse.
Hershey was here.
Thirteen years he was near.





Uncountable are the numbers of tears in his fur.
He was never too busy.
He always had an ear and a paw for me.
Nussels and cuddles and kisses too.

Oh, how I already miss you.



13 comments and creative thoughts:

Unknown said...

Oh, Margaret, I am so sorry. I'm so glad that both of your kitties were able to make the move with you, and you were able to spend your last few months together. I'll be thinking of you and sending up some prayers, too.

Ruth King said...

Margaret, I know that nothing I can say can make this better because I've been through it myself. But please know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you, and that I'm thankful you had Hershey Kisses for as long as you did. This was a beautiful tribute to a faithful companion. I'm around if you need to talk. *HUGS*

Passages to the Past said...

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. May the fact that you gave them the best life possible bring you some comfort.

CherryBlossomMJ said...

Thank you Ruth, Christy

Angie said...

(((((((((hugs))))))))) I'm so sorry for your loss. Will be keeping you in my prayers.

Andrea said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. May GOD touch your heart in a special way.
This is a beautiful tribute you have written. Thank you for sharing with us.
Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

It is sooo sad to lose a pet. I lost my kitty Mia last year and she was only 7 :-( Hershey Kiss was adorable. I'm so sorry you lost him.

XOXO~ Renee

Sheila Deeth said...

So sad. Thank you for sharing beautiful pictures and memories.

Amy K said...

nicely written. thought about you all day. so sad. keep the memories and his love close.
*hugs & prayers*

CherryBlossomMJ said...

Amy B, Amy K, Renee, Sheila, and Andrea -- thank you so much for your thoughts. Today is a better day and each one next will be to follow I'm sure.

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Awwww, MJ! I'm sooo sorry to hear about Hershey! Just letting you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

{{hugs}}

~ Lori

Jaedyn said...

I'm so sorry! I never had a pet that long so I can't really imagine, but I've been heartbroken over losing my pets before so I know a little of what you feel.

Blessings! ♥

Julie J. said...

I'm praying for you Margaret! It's never easy to lose someone you've had in your life as long as you've had Hershey.

Hugs! <3

Blog Archive