ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jenna's Cowboy by Sharon Gillenwater - Review

Jenna's Cowboy: A Novel (The Callahans of Texas) Jenna's Cowboy: A Novel by Sharon Gillenwater


Jenna Callahan has a young son and rewarding work on her father's ranch. She's content. But she never expected to see Nate Langley back in town--the first guy she noticed, the one her father sent away all those years ago. And she never thought the attraction they felt would be as strong as ever. Jenna's cowboy has some healing of his own to do, though, after two tours of duty in the armed forces. With the help of good friends, strong faith, and a loving family, he hopes to put the horrors of the past behind him--and become the man Jenna deserves. With an emphasis on simple acts of love, Jenna's Cowboy gives romance readers what they want most: a love story with a Texas touch.



My rating:
3 of 5 stars
It is plain to see in reading this story that Sharon Gillenwater is good at her research and explains things very well. I know nothing about ranching or farming, but I felt from the explanations and pictures drawn by her imagery were great. I thoroughly enjoyed the romance of the story and the cover is perfect for the character of Nate. While reading this book I was thinking about the different things that I was going to say in the review about how much I enjoyed the characters and the visualizations as well as their witty banter. 



Easily I could say that I enjoy this author and look forward to reading her books in the future. However, I felt that the last three chapters were such a lurch from the rest of the story. Perhaps I am on my own in that opinion, but I felt that it went in rather abruptly and then the story just ended. I know why "it" happened and understand that, but I feel that the "big event" could have had more closure. It felt to me that the story was going along great, and then just amidst the action it ended and did not wrap down. It leaves me feeling like I missed something and I think could have ended better. Overall great writing though and enjoyable.


This my first experience with a novel dealing with issues such as war and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and I think that it was handled incredibly well. 



*Thanks to Revell Books for providing a copy to review.* 




View all my reviews >>


Sharon Gillenwater's website 


Emily's Chance, the second book about the Callahans of Texas is tentatively scheduled for release in September of 2010.




“Available January 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”




Jenna's Cowboy: A Novel (The Callahans of Texas)

0 comments and creative thoughts:

Blog Archive