ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Lady Like Sarah by Margaret Brownley -- a review


A Lady Like Sarah (A Rocky Creek Romance, #1) A Lady Like Sarah by Margaret Brownley



She's an outlaw. He's a preacher. Both are in need of a miracle.

When Preacher JUSTIN WELLS promises an injured lawman to take his prisoner to Texas, Justin has no idea the trouble that lies ahead. The slightly-built prisoner turns out to be SARAH PRESCOTT, sister of the notorious Prescott brothers--and she's determined to miss the hanging party waiting for her in Texas.

But escaping proves to be tougher than she thought. Justin doesn't own a gun and hasn't the foggiest idea how to survive the wilderness. How can she leave him alone with the injured marshal?

Nothing is more sacred to Justin than a promise made to a dying man, but he can't bring himself to turn the blue-eyed beauty over to the hangmen. She's tough as leather, but there's something about her that is pure and good.

Justin can't bear to lose her, but how can a simple preacher fight an entire town? And how can either one of them know that miracles come in many guises…including love?

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Well I'll be. I am for certainly unsure if I can say enough good things about the book A Lady Like Sarah or my new favorite author Margaret Brownley (and no it is not because of her elegant name). As many of you that read my reviews know, my favorite Christian Historical Romantic Comedy author of American west novels is Mary Connealy... well I can honestly say that Margaret Brownley rates right up there with this book and I am ecstatically (is that a word?) excited for more. More Rocky Creek Romance or more anything, just give me more.

I was amused. I giggled and grinned. I chuckled and snuggled down further in my reading nook. I was irritated and emotional. I shed slight tears. I could hear Sarah's voice and see her boots. These characters were alive and amazing to me. I read an ARC, but you better believe this is one for the keeper shelf. On a final note: The saloon scene made me squeal and cry, and I love my fellow quilters and that is all I have to say about that.


Margaret you're definitely on my favorites lists and I cannot wait for more! 

*Thanks to Tywebbin and ChristianBookwormReviews.com for providing an ARC for review.*

View all my reviews >>



Margaret Brownley's website





Here is a limited preview:


A Lady Like Sarah (A Rocky Creek Romance)

3 comments and creative thoughts:

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Awesome! I have the BCE of this book in my TBR mountains, now I'll be moving it a lot closer to the top!

Thanks for the great review, MJ! Mary Connealy is a fave of mine as well. I loved Montana Rose and can hardly wait for The Husband Tree...it's on my Wish List. :)

Unknown said...

Great review..I have this on my wish list. :)

Unknown said...

Love the Review! Plus, I'm a Texas girl! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Blog Archive