ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Review: The Silent Governess

The Silent Governess The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen

Believing herself guilty of a crime, Olivia Keene flees her home, eventually stumbling upon a grand estate where an elaborate celebration is in progress. But all is not as joyous as it seems…. Lord Bradley has just learned a terrible secret, which, if exposed, will change his life forever. When he glimpses a figure on the grounds, he fears a spy or thief has overheard his devastating news. He is stunned to discover the intruder is a scrap of a woman with her throat badly injured. Fearing she will spread his secret, he gives the girl a post and confines her to his estate. As Olivia and Lord Bradley's secrets catch up with them, will their hidden pasts ruin their hope of finding love?
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Holding a flavoring of "Jane Eyre" and a hint of "The Importance of Being Earnest" fully in the environment of a regency tale, "The Silent Governess" brings forth mystery and intrigue with romance to make your heart melt. Previously while reading the first two novels by Julie Klassen I was appreciate, being after the second novel a true fan. The words on her page teach lessons and mold your heart loving her characters and their fictious lives. Just moments away from finishing this novel I can already tell you that I cannot wait for the next wonderful story from the imagination of Author Julie Klassen.

Olivia Keene has a journey to endure before she can possibly get what she truly desires and that is only if the cards turn in her favor. Following the mystery of memories, inheritance, relatives and secrets with wild dogs, frightening poachers, scheming gentry, and spoiled cousins imaginations run wild and truths are hard to hold onto. What really matters in the end is a big question and each chapter gets the readers closer to solutions to the equations put forth.

Once again Julie thrills with perfect quotes at the beginning of each chapter and it is truly apparent that her research it thorough and fun. More please! Now I just might have to go read some Jane Austen.

*Thanks to Julie Klassen and Bethany House Publishers for providing a copy for review.*

View all my reviews

Click here to go back and read my reviews:
Lady of Milkweed Manor
The Apothecary's Daughter
  • Paperback: 448 pages
  • Publisher: Bethany House; Original edition (January 1, 2010)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0764207075
  • ISBN-13: 978-0764207075



Lady of Milkweed ManorThe Apothecary's DaughterSilent Governess, The

5 comments and creative thoughts:

Katy said...

I think this is the book I've been most anticipating in the new year. I can't wait until my copy gets here! I'm so glad this book was as good as her others!!

CherryBlossomMJ said...

I think this is my favorite of her heroines so far.

Anonymous said...

nice review. I haven't read anything by this author yet. It's probably time to start!

Angie said...

Great review...I'm really looking forward to getting this one.

Unknown said...

You make want to read that before the other two...but I want to read them in the order they came out! Good review Margaret.

Blog Archive