*sigh* I love Autumn or Fall, it is really my favorite time in the year. When I was a kid, I loved starting school, during the school year was different, but I just loved starting school. There was something about school supplies... A school supply store was more exciting to me than a candy shop, and I'm sure more healthy as well. *giggles* I was thinking that I was going to sit out on the Fall Into Reading this year, but I changed my mind. You just meet so many neat people and find out about so many interesting books this way. One thing I am going to do is start fresh on my list, I'm not going to bring in past lists and desires of what to read might have changed... Either way, here I bring to you my Fall into Reading 2008 list (below).
The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
The HERetic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent
Dragon Knight by Donita Paul
The Outsider by Ann Gabhart
Washington's Lady by Nancy Moser
The Redemption by M.L. Tyndall
Letter Perfect by Cathy Marie Hake
Leather and Lace by DiAnn Mills
Renegade by Ted Dekker
Chaos by Ted Dekker
A Lady of High Regard by Tracie Peterson
A Daughter's Inheritance by Tracie Peterson
Seeing Through the Lies by Vonda Skelton
Faking Grace by Tamera Leigh
White Christmas Pie by Wanda Brunstetter
When the Soul Mends by Cindy Woodsmall
It's All About Us by Shelley Adina
The Fruit of My Lipstick by Shelley Adina
Sunset by Karen Kingsbury
In the Shadow of Lions by Ginger Garrett
John 3:16 by Nancy Moser
The Miracle Girls by Anne Dayton & May Vanderbilt
Sushi for One? by Camy Tang
Only Uni by Camy Tang
Single Sashimi by Camy Tang
One Extraordinary Day by Harold Myra
The SOS for PMS by Mary Byers
A Constant Heart by Siri Mitchell
My Sister Dilly by Maureen Lang
Riven by Jerry Jenkins
Goodbye Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson*
He Love Me by Wayne Jacobsen
Another Way Home by Christa Parrish
So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore by Wayne Jacobsen
My God Box by Margaret Iuculano
A Beautiful Fall by Chris Coppernoll
Knowing Right from Wrong by Thomas Williams
Murder on the Ol' Bunions by Sandra Moore
Ripple Effect by Paul McCusker
Less Than Dead by Tim Downs
Move On, Move Up by Paula White
Shadow of Colossus by T.L. Higley
Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet*
Cyndere's Midnight by Jeffrey Overstreet
Dangerous Heart by Tracey Bateman
Simplify Your Holidays by Marcia Ramsland
Diamond Duo by Marcia Gruver
The Irish Woman by Patti Lacy
The Rosary by Gary Jansen
Holy Sex by Gregory Popcak
How Harry Cast His Spell by John Granger
Forsaken by James David Jordan
Rain Song by Alice Wisler
Blessed Are the Meddlers by Christa Banister
Out of Her Hands by Megan DiMaria
Searching for Spice by Megan DiMaria
Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin
One Holy Night by J.M. Hochstetler
League of Superheroes by Stephen Rice
Bon Appetite by Sandra Byrd
Leave it to Chance by Sherri Sand
Dark Pursuit by Brandilyn Collins
SMORE for Women by Gail Showalter
Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard
Engaging Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn
The Yada Yada House by Neta Jackson
and other Christmas themed books come December...
If you are not familiar with Fall into Reading from Callapidder Days, I earnestly demand that you check it out. And I quote:
Who: Fall Into Reading 2008 is a fun challenge that is open to anyone and everyone! As long as you can read, you can participate! (It's best if you have a blog, but if you don't, feel free to participate via comments as we go along.) We've had people from around the world, and readers as young as ten participate in these reading challenges, so don't hesitate to join right in.
What: Fall Into Reading 2008 is a casual, low-pressure challenge that revolves around -- you guessed it -- reading. My goal is simply to provide you with motivation to read, and to provide an opportunity for all of us to set goals when it comes to our personal (or family) reading.
As a participant, all you'll have to do is make a list of books you want to read this fall and post that list on your blog. They can be books you intend to read on your own, books you want to read with your kids/family, Bible study books you're working through, or a combination of any of those things.
Bottom line of the challenge: We'll share our goals with each other, and then share our experience and results when the challenge is over.
When: I'm sure this will come as no surprise. Fall Into Reading 2008 will take place throughout the fall of 2008. Shocking. The official dates are September 22nd through December 20th.
Where: Here, and on particpants' blogs all over the blogosphere. I'll put up a Mr. Linky on September 22nd where everyone can submit a link to their own Fall Into Reading 2008 blog post. All I ask is that you share your goals (your list of books) in your post, and that you include a link back to the post here that contains the Mr. Linky. On December 21st, I'll put up another Mr. Linky where you can submit a link to a wrap-up post on your blog, telling everyone how you did on your goals.
Why: Because I love reading, and many of you love reading, and it's wonderful to share our love of reading with each other. Fall is the perfect time to curl up with a good book, and it's very cool to know that there are bloggers and blog-readers everywhere doing the same thing.
Besides, it's through challenges like these that I often (finally!) read and finish some non-fiction books. A little motivation and a little accountability go a long way for me -- and can for you too!
How: The start of Fall Into Reading 2008 is exactly two weeks away, so start thinking about your goals now. Keep a list. Make a pile. Visit the library. Talk to friends. Check under your bed and behind your nightstand for those books you intended to read (or finish) but never did. I'm sure it won't take long for you to get an idea of what you want to read this fall. Work on your post and then come back here on September 22nd, ready to submit your link!
Authors I Like...
- Amanda Cabot
- Beverly Lewis
- BJ Hoff
- Bodie & Brock Thoene
- Brandilyn Collins
- Bryan Davis
- Chris Coppernoll
- Cindy Woodsmall
- Deanna Raybourn
- Deeanne Gist
- Denise Hunter
- Diann Mills
- Donita K. Paul
- Donna Fleisher
- Elizabeth Musser
- Elsa Watson
- Francine Rivers
- Ginger Garrett
- James David Jordan
- James Scott Bell
- Jane Kirkpatrick
- Janette Oke
- Janice Thompson
- Jennier Holm
- Jerry B Jenkins
- Judith Miller
- Julie Klassen
- Julie Lessman
- Karen Ball
- Karen Kingsbury
- Kathleen Y'Barbo
- Kaye Dacus
- Kristen Heitzmann
- Kristin Billerbeck
- Lauraine Snelling
- Lawana Blackwell
- Linda Windsor
- Lisa Samson
- Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Liz Curtis Higgs
- Lori Copeland
- M.L. (MaryLu) Tyndall
- Maggie Brendan
- Mary Connealy
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Melanie Jeschke
- Melanie Wells
- Melody Carlson
- Michelle Moran
- Michelle Sutton
- Nancy Moser
- Rebeca Seitz
- Rene Gutteridge
- Rita Gerlach
- Sarah Sundin
- Sharon Hinck
- Shaunti Feldhahn
- Shelley Shepard Gray
- Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Stephen Lawhead
- Susan May Warren
- T.L. (Tracy) Higley
- Tamera Alexander
- Tim Lahaye
- Tracie Peterson
- Vickie McDonough
- Virginia (Ginny) Smith
- ► 2009 (573)
- GIVEAWAY: One Perfect Day
- The Berenstain Bears Go to Sunday School: a review...
- The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule: a review...
- The Rook by Steven James (Press Release)
- FIRST: The Personifid Invasion (book #2) by R.E. B...
- Lady of Milkweed Manor by Julie Klassen: a high re...
- CFBA: John 3:16 by Nancy Moser
- A Beautiful Fall by Chris Coppernoll COMING SOON!
- FIRST: The Miracle Girls by Anne Dayton and May V...
- FIRST: Hero, Second Class by Mitchell Bonds
- Losing God by Matt Rogers
- A Constant Heart by Siri Mitchell: a thoughtful re...
- FIRST: Summa Elvetica by Theodore Beale
- Update on the House
- About Me meme
- How to Get Your Husband to Listen to You by Nancy ...
- Trailer: Rachel's Secret by BJ Hoff
- FIRST: Sunset by Karen Kingsbury
- Diamond Duo by Marcia Gruver
- Heartsong Presents Mysteries: Murder on the Ol' Bu...
- I've been redesigned!
- Button and a Makeover
- Around the World in 80 Dates & Blessed Are the Med...
- Author of the Month at A Peek At My Bookshelf
- Trailer: The Trophy Chase Trilogy by George Bryan ...
- CSFF Blog Tour: Marcher Lord Press Day 3
- When the Soul Mends (book #3) by Cindy Woodsmall: ...
- When the Morning Comes (book #2) by Cindy Woodsmal...
- When the Heart Cries (book #1) by Cindy Woodsmall
- CFBA: When the Soul Mends by Cindy Woodsmall
- Update on the House
- Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
- Trailer: White Christmas Pie by Wanda Brunstetter
- CSFF Blog Tour: Marcher Lord Press Day 2
- FIRST: White Christmas Pie by Wanda Brunstetter
- The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
- Ripple Effect by Paul McCusker
- Trailer: Field of Blood by Eric Wilson
- Q&A with Michelle Moran, bestselling author of "Ne...
- CSFF Blog Tour: Marcher Lord Press Day 1
- CFBA: Faking Grace by Tamera Leigh
- Fall Into Reading 2008
- Jessie by Lori Wick: a review
- FIRST & GIVEAWAYS: It's All About Us & The Fruit o...
- Mary's First Thanksgiving by Kathy-jo Wargin and I...
- My Plans for the Day - - CONCERT!!! WOOHOO!!!
- My Affiliations
- The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran: a review
- WINNER & prayer
- Children's Bible: The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sal...
- Liberty Letters: Attack at Pearl Harbor by Nancy L...
- Liberty Letters: Adventures in Jamestown by Nancy ...
- Children's Bible: Tiny Bear's Bible by Sally Lloyd...
- The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule
- The Berenstain Bears Go to Sunday School!!!!!
- P Is for Pumpkin by Kathy-jo Wargin and Illus. YaW...
- Mary's First Thanksgiving by Kathy-jo Wargin and I...
- Why I Love Blogging
- FIRST & GIVEAWAY: It's All About Us by Shelley Adi...
- Update on the House
- Woah, hiya God...
- GIVEAWAY: The Miracle Girls by Anne Dayton & May V...
- Trailer: Appalosa
- CFBA: The Bride Bargain by Kelly Eileen Hake
- FIRST: Pure by Rebecca St. James (a devotional)
- FIRST: Isolation by Travis Thrasher
- Stupid Banks
- Fwd: New Suspense Novel from Travis Thrasher: ISOL...
- In Stores Today! The Heretic Queen by Michelle Mor...
- Library Presentation
- A Christian Guid to Conscience: Knowing Right from...
- Trailer: Isolation
- Old Milton Country Fair
- CFBA & GIVEAWAY: Isolation by Travis Thrasher
- FIRST: When Answers Aren't Enough by Matt Rogers: ...
- Admission by Travis Thrasher: a short review
- Trailers: B&H T.L. Higley (A Seven Wonders Novel, ...
- Friends of the Library Presentation
- FIRST: First Place 4 Health by Carole Lewis
- Goodbye Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson: a review
- CFBA: In the Shadow of Lions by Ginger Garrett
- FIRST: A Passion Redeemed by Julie Lessman
- Book Trailers
- CFBA Wounded by Claudia Mair Burney
- Wedding Bell Blues by Linda Windsor: a review
- Guest Review: A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin
- FIRST: That's Not (Exactly) Amore by Tracey Batema...
- Book Blogs
- Fireproof the movie
- Up Pops the Devil by Angela Benson
- Just As I Am by Virginia Smith: a review
- City of the Dead by T.L. Higley: a trailer
- Motiv8 COMING SOON!
- Back to Life by Kristin Billerbeck: a review
- FIRST: The Summer the Wind Whispered My Name by Do...
- ▼ September (97)